All-American

Re: ouch

Post by Duck07 »

I think the best comment I saw on there was this: Mitch Mustain 2.0
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Just heard this…what sucks about it is that we lost the other QB we were looking at for this class because we were going to go with him.

All will be ok though. Mett well hopefully stay with us for two, and then it will be Rivers, Randle or whoever we recruit this year or next.

What we really need in this class is a safety, defensive lineman, and maybe a big play maker.

I wish Kiel luck….if he follows in the footsteps of the last two QBs to verbally commit and back out with us (Thomas & RGIII) then he will probably have a decent career.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Personally i think he's more of a Tate Forcier to be quite honest. This has to be the worst quarterback class in a long time, none of the guys in the all star games impressed me this year.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Maybe it's just my failing memory but it seems there is a big increase in recruits changing commitments. Often they aren't even switching schools, just opening up the recruiting process again. Perhaps it's just it's happening earlier rather than concentrated around LOI day but it seems now we routinely hear of recruits backing out of verbal commitments.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

maxduck wrote:Maybe it's just my failing memory but it seems there is a big increase in recruits changing commitments. Often they aren't even switching schools, just opening up the recruiting process again. Perhaps it's just it's happening earlier rather than concentrated around LOI day but it seems now we routinely hear of recruits backing out of verbal commitments.
ESPN has turned National recruiting into a minor NFL draft. Hell…down here they have a function at the river center that people go to. For $35 a head you get food, drink, and hear live commentary about who LSU signs and where others are going.

There is way more attention now then in the past…only reason why it seems to be an increase.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

my sig says it all..

"I'm committed to Miami but Oregon is my leader" -Former Tennessee Vol and Kansas State Wildcat, Bryce Brown

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

Wow had no idea RG3 had once committed to LSU. All I can say is that it turned out for the best. There is no way RG3 backed by a defense as good as LSU's would be fair to anyone else playing college football.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

canaduck wrote:Wow had no idea RG3 had once committed to LSU. All I can say is that it turned out for the best. There is no way RG3 backed by a defense as good as LSU's would be fair to anyone else playing college football.
They would have moved him to WR.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Bud Lee wrote:
maxduck wrote:Maybe it's just my failing memory but it seems there is a big increase in recruits changing commitments. Often they aren't even switching schools, just opening up the recruiting process again. Perhaps it's just it's happening earlier rather than concentrated around LOI day but it seems now we routinely hear of recruits backing out of verbal commitments.
ESPN has turned National recruiting into a minor NFL draft. Hell…down here they have a function at the river center that people go to. For $35 a head you get food, drink, and hear live commentary about who LSU signs and where others are going.

There is way more attention now then in the past…only reason why it seems to be an increase.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong I love checking up on the recruits. I find it fascinating to see who is recruiting them, measurables, visits and what not. However if you are paying money for a recruiting function...do NOT pass go, do NOT collect $200, consult a physician immediately!!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

neezy3 wrote:Personally i think he's more of a Tate Forcier to be quite honest. This has to be the worst quarterback class in a long time, none of the guys in the all star games impressed me this year.
I liked Jameis Winston and Cyler Miles.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
canaduck wrote:Wow had no idea RG3 had once committed to LSU. All I can say is that it turned out for the best. There is no way RG3 backed by a defense as good as LSU's would be fair to anyone else playing college football.
They would have moved him to WR.
If I’m not mistaking that was the reason he backed away….that was the same year we recruited Randle, Sheppard, and (I think) a QB that we brought in that ended up going pro in baseball. We asked if he would be willing to switch to another position if it didn’t work out and he said no…at least that is how I remember it right now…but at this point my body is coffee-less so I am probably wrong.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

mrpd21 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong I love checking up on the recruits. I find it fascinating to see who is recruiting them, measurables, visits and what not. However if you are paying money for a recruiting function...do NOT pass go, do NOT collect $200, consult a physician immediately!!

Oh I don't go....I'm not missing a day of work for that crap. But they do sell a lot of tickets. Any reason to miss a day of work and drink beer I guess.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

http://1045espn.com/pages/pages.php?page=181

Here is a link about the event...do y'all do anything like this?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Bud Lee wrote:http://1045espn.com/pages/pages.php?page=181

Here is a link about the event...do y'all do anything like this?
We most certainly do!! I know Portland showcases an event as well as down here in Medford. It's mostly backed by the alumni. I went to one a few years ago that Chip & some of the others came to. It was wonderful! Chip is so much different in person in a social setting vs. being interviewed. Very funny for sure. I don't think Chip attends them anymore if I remember right since he clamped down on the extra meet & greets.

It wasn't super expensive though (was a lunch back then) & a pretty casual event. I enjoyed having a print out of all of the recruits & Chip did a slide show /video with each recruit as well as his personal take on each one. I think I still have the handout somewhere because I wanted to see how they did after their tenure at UO.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 4/-1/rss03