USA vs Panama

Post by Bud Lee »

Wednesday at 7:30 PM CST on ESPN3
Duck07
All-American

Re: USA vs Panama

Post by Duck07 »

Bud Lee wrote:Wednesday at 7:30 PM CST on ESPN3
I watched the USA/Venezuela match the other night and I like where Klinsman is taking these young players. I was really excited when Clark nailed the header at the end since they really deserved to pull out the W, especially with all the whining by the Venezuelans. They're handling the adversity well in the matches I've seen which was something I thought had been lacking from the A squad in years past. Of course, the single biggest thing the USA could do would be to get the LeBron's and Megatron's to play soccer instead but one guy I've really been impressed with (and his recent awarded speaks to that) is Brek Shea. He just always seem to make a nice play on the ball when he's in the game.

How's the soccer down south? The PNW is very futbol friendly and I'm hoping we'll start to see some of that transition to Autzen with the all the singing and chants. O Fortuna before kick-off would be hilarious!
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

It is not “big” …. But it has a following. A few of our sport boards added a “Soccer” board during the world cup. I started watching it 9 years ago. Still don’t understand it completely :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'll be watching. Any match our national team plays, friendly, qualifier, or world cup, I'm watching.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bud Lee wrote:It is not “big” …. But it has a following. A few of our sport boards added a “Soccer” board during the world cup. I started watching it 9 years ago. Still don’t understand it completely :lol:
It really wasn't until my parents moved to the Oregon Coast from WA that I quit playing until a few seasons of co-ed intramural soccer again at the UO (Those Chi Omega's are nice girls). This summer in CO at Ed's Cantina (always give them love when I can!) they would have brunch "viewing" parties for the women's World Cup and one of thing's I've always liked is how involved people start to get watching games. Of course, most people I know who started to "get" soccer more did it through the video games... :lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I actually started watching it with the 2007 world cup. Since then my boys and I will spend the “off” season watching soccer matches (my buddy follows Arsenal) and rugby matches. Any reason to drink a beer or two.

Off topic....but...I'm looking forward to the Olympics this summer. I love the summer games.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bud Lee wrote:I actually started watching it with the 2007 world cup. Since then my boys and I will spend the “off” season watching soccer matches (my buddy follows Arsenal) and rugby matches. Any reason to drink a beer or two.

Off topic....but...I'm looking forward to the Olympics this summer. I love the summer games.
Well, you might want to find a reason to make it to Eugene for the USATF Olympic Trials and see why it's called "Track-Town."

http://tracktown12.gotracktownusa.com/

Any excuse to come tour those Oregon breweries, eh?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Highly questionable red card. No doubt contact, but to issue a red?

Interesting scenario for the US up 1-0 with 35 to go down a man.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

In other news, Mexico beat Venezuela 3-1.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/1/2 ... nnel-usmnt

Good little write up on the game. Good to see the USA team winning.