les miles very classy

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

les miles very classy

Post by thegb2001 »

les miles showing his class and bad mouthing a qb recruit kiel who decided to switch from lsu to notre dame. great class coach. same things i heard last year while listening to dat come to us over usc.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ility-lead
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: les miles very classy

Post by karlhungis »

Not surprising based upon his treatment of Lee.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Wow. That's not cool. Maybe it's a southern thing, I don't know. :shock:
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Cringe.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Well. At least now we have some insight into why LSU has had QB issues. Miles keeps looking for them to have a big chest (?!).

The arm, Les. They need to have a good arm.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

He got the "chest"... Jeremy Liggins, 6'3"/270.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXbqCVAw ... ata_player
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Very rare moment for Les….every now and then you see a raw emotional response from him, i.e. the time he barked at reporters that said he was leaving to go to Michigan, but this is the very first time that he did it regarding a player.

Let me put the scenario in context…that statement was given at local private event, not a media conference, so he was pandering to what was a bunch of LSU fans that paid $30 bucks a head to listen to him talk and drink some beer.

That was a very small snippet. He was comparing the guy we lost (Kiel) and the guy we signed (Liggins). Kiel committed to us and said he would enroll early, and because he did we had to ask another kid that we had entering in the spring to wait until the fall for his scolly. Because of that we lost that kid to Auburn (a in conference opponent) and made us scramble to get another QB. Add the fact that we found out he was not coming here by him showing up on ND campus the day he was suppose to report to classes here....Less is prolly pretty ticked off with the kid.

The purpose of the statement was to award the character and to pump fans up about Liggins, who stood up in the middle of Mississippi and said, "I'm going to a place where we can win a national championship", a guy that the LSU staff has been getting heat for signing, and yes prolly to cast some stink on these kids that screw up a recruiting class by commenting and then defecting.

Was is it the way to do it? No, but given his audience (and that he never called Kiel out by name though I don't think we were signing any other QB's from Indiana) I feel a lot better about it than if he did it in front of ESPN cameras. Still it shows why coaches now a days have to watch themselves whenever they are in public.
Last edited by Bud Lee on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Here is a longer clip....Les starts talking around the 1 minute mark. It is also an abridged version of the speech but it puts the statement in context. Keep in mind this is given at what is a pep rally for supporters.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:Very rare moment for Les….every now and then you see a raw emotional response from him, i.e. the time he barked at reporters that said he was leaving to go to Michigan, but this is the very first time that he did it regarding a player.

Let me put the scenario in context…that statement was given at local private event, not a media conference, so he was pandering to what was a bunch of LSU fans that paid $30 bucks a head to listen to him talk and drink some beer.

That was a very small snippet. He was comparing the guy we lost (Kiel) and the guy we signed (Liggins). Kiel committed to us and said he would enroll early, and because he did we had to ask another kid that we had entering in the spring to wait until the fall for his scolly. Because of that we lost that kid to Auburn (a in conference opponent) and made us scramble to get another QB. Add the fact that we found out he was not coming here by him showing up on ND campus the day he was suppose to report to classes here....Less is prolly pretty ticked off with the kid.

The purpose of the statement was to award the character and to pump fans up about Liggins, who stood up in the middle of Mississippi and said, "I'm going to a place where we can win a national championship", a guy that the LSU staff has been getting heat for signing, and yes prolly to cast some stink on these kids that screw up a recruiting class by commenting and then defecting.

Was is it the way to do it? No, but given his audience (and that he never called Kiel out by name though I don't think we were signing any other QB's from Indiana) I feel a lot better about it than if he did it in front of ESPN cameras. Still it shows why coaches now a days have to watch themselves whenever they are in public.
Or just realize that these are kids and crap like this happens. No reason to go take shots at a teenager. Chip Kelly would never do such a thing.

I do like Les Miles, and this seemed definitely out of place for him, but doesn't justify anything.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Frankly, I think Liggins may be a better fit for LSU than Kiel... Especially since he seems to be a tough guy to bring down, and Kiel seems more of a pure passer.

Fans bitching about the quality of a QB LSU was forced to get that late in the game, especially one who had publicly eliminated LSU, earlier, is childish.

Oregon fans would have been ecstatic had the Ducks picked up a last minute defensive prospect of similar quality, after losing Castro and Cottrell.

Time will tell.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

woundedknees wrote:Frankly, I think Liggins may be a better fit for LSU than Kiel... Especially since he seems to be a tough guy to bring down, and Kiel seems more of a pure passer.
He actually intrigues me. I love the fact that he has the size and moves of a full back and can throw the ball.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Agreed that CK would never take a shot at a student athlete like this. Good lord, Les. Just because you got beat by Alabama doesn't mean you need to impress your followers by pissing on a kid from Indiana.

EDIT: I agree though, I think LSU got the more dangerous QB of the two.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Bud Lee wrote:

Here is a longer clip....Les starts talking around the 1 minute mark. It is also an abridged version of the speech but it puts the statement in context. Keep in mind this is given at what is a pep rally for supporters.
Actually, showing that whole clip doesn't help his cause one bit. In my personal opinion, I just don't like the character of Les from that speech there. Seems like all he cares about is football and would do whatever it takes to win. Obviously, that's the main objective of his job, but what about academics, family, integrity, good morals etc.... Those the things I want to hear a coach talk about... Football is secondary.

Just my 2 cents.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Football is a whole different animal in the south/SEC, just the way it is.....

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

Obviously, that's the main objective of his job, but what about academics, family, integrity, good morals etc.... Those the things I want to hear a coach talk about... Football is secondary.

Just my 2 cents.
I guess you missed the part that said LSU is second only to Vandy in the SEC when it comes to athletes graduating :D

I generally agree…if I got Les to come speak at my local high school, place of employment, church group, etc. I would want him to talk about all that you have mention. But at an event that is held soley to get one excited about new recruits and the upcoming season, I want to hear about upcoming arse whoopings! With that said...I see your point.

Football is a whole different animal in the south/SEC, just the way it is.....
and THIS :lol: good or bad it is just the way it is.