$ the only thing preventing the announcement

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

illa
One Star Recruit

$ the only thing preventing the announcement

Post by illa »

Kent is gone...we know that. Now it sounds like his replacement wants $2M a year. Any ideas who this could be at that price?
SmiteMaster!
woundedknees
All-American

Re: $ the only thing preventing the announcement

Post by woundedknees »

Vinnie Testosteroni? Either the guy is uber-talented, or he's got Dos Cajones Grande!
Last edited by woundedknees on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Few wanted 2mill to go to IU but I'm hoping for a true home run. I think Few would be successful at UO but I don't know if he could be the guy to trully put us on the basketball map. That said if it is Few I would expect a mix of NCAA's and NIT.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I don't think Kilkenny will settle for a lesser coach. Does he have someone in mind? Who knows!!!!!!!
ghetarr2007
One Star Recruit

Post by ghetarr2007 »

I don't want a new coach at the expense of losing the key players for the future of this team. Dunigan, Humphrey and Jamil Wilson need to stay more than EK needs to go IMO.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

ghetarr2007 wrote:I don't want a new coach at the expense of losing the key players for the future of this team. Dunigan, Humphrey and Jamil Wilson need to stay more than EK needs to go IMO.

I highly doubt that Oregon would lose all of those players. You didn't see Cal, Stanford and other teams lose their players when they got new coaches this past season.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

If we get a high profile couch (Smith or of the same level) I doubt we would lose any players. Any time a program loses a coach, the fans blow up about what players will leave, transfer so on, but fact is that it doesn't happen nearly as much as the fans hype would make you believe.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

If we get the right guy to replace kent (if he's gone) the players will stay. Few is a good coach, but I just dont know if he's the right guy....
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

duckgrad99 wrote:
ghetarr2007 wrote:I don't want a new coach at the expense of losing the key players for the future of this team. Dunigan, Humphrey and Jamil Wilson need to stay more than EK needs to go IMO.

I highly doubt that Oregon would lose all of those players. You didn't see Cal, Stanford and other teams lose their players when they got new coaches this past season.
Sim was a Cal commit, then split when Braun was fired.
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

I'd be shocked as hell if any of the returning players transfer. EJ Singler will be a Duck no matter who they hire as the new coach. I don't really care either way with Jacob, because our track record with JC big men is pathetic. Obviously, Wilson is the concern... but worst case scenerio, he's only one kid.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

TTownDuck wrote:I don't really care either way with Jacob, because our track record with JC big men is pathetic.
You probably would care if he came straight from HS, seeing as he was a 4* when he signed with UGA.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

TTownDuck wrote:I'd be shocked as hell if any of the returning players transfer. EJ Singler will be a Duck no matter who they hire as the new coach. I don't really care either way with Jacob, because our track record with JC big men is pathetic. Obviously, Wilson is the concern... but worst case scenerio, he's only one kid.
Bracey was good. Milling was decent, although technically he was not a JC transfer.
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

Bracey was very good, but I think he was a big man in the sense that Leunen was a center... in name only. Bracey's skill set was pretty varied and he did a lot of his damage playing outside. The limited tape I've seen on this Jacob kid seems to suggest he's more of a pure big man who is going to sit in the paint. We haven't had a ton of success with those.

I hope I'm wrong.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Robert Johnson was a solid junior college big man that filled his role nicely for the Ducks.