Well

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Well

Post by brich75 »

Rumor in the locker room this morning was that Altman is going to try and get the Head coaching job at Nebraska.. I guess that is where he is from? I also heard that a part of it is because his wife absolutely hates Eugene.

I do not know the elderly gentlemen that were having this conversation but they seemed to be very confident in their "sources" Just a heads up I guess. take it for what it is worth. Which isn't much at this moment!
greenyellow

Re: Well

Post by greenyellow »

Those rumors have been circulating for a while now so if he does leave, it wouldn't come as that big of a shock to some. It would definitely set the program back to where it was just before Altman got here and I'm sure fans would jump off the bandwagon again.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

How in the world could anyone hate Eugene?
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Don't like the smell of patchuli (sp) oil?

j/k
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Nebraska fired their coach today so let the speculation begin.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... ource-says
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

It's hard not to be a fan of Altman. Definitely would suck. Plus, I'd really not be looking forward to another coaching search after the shitshow that was the last one.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

Weston wrote:How in the world could anyone hate Eugene?
I absolutely hate eugene. Cant wait to leave. Nothing against the university though.

Posted from my Android
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Leaving after 2 seasons would be kind of messed up. Altman makes $1.8 million per year - minimum. Doc Sadler was making $800,000.

Altman has a $1.8 million buyout, which is enormous. Would Altman want to take less money for a worse job to return to the state of Nebraska?
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote:It's hard not to be a fan of Altman. Definitely would suck. Plus, I'd really not be looking forward to another coaching search after the shitshow that was the last one.
I'm not quite sure who Oregon could get that would replace Altman adequately and if fans want to sit through another transition period. Altman has proven his can take a patchwork roster and make it work. Also, his teams never quit, which is a nice trait to have after seeing so many Kent-coached teams do that. If Altman left, I'd imagine that the recruits Oregon is still after would go elsewhere and the signed players may too. That would again be the nightmare scenario and would probably set the program back another 3-4 years.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Personally, I'm not sure how going to Lincoln, Nebraska would be better than going to Eugene. I like what Altman is doing at Oregon, so I hope he doesn't leave.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Pro's:
Obviously he's from Nebraska and thats where his friends and family are.
They also have a brand new state of the art facility for basketball.
The school has a great fan base and the money to pay him what we do plus the buyout.

Con's:
Football school, not sure how important hoops is in Lincoln.
Talent pool is pretty weak in that part of the country.
Little to no success in hoops as a program.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

This doesn't add up. Creighton is a much better job than Nebraska is, and he just left there. Who knows though, it would certainly be disappointing..

Going to miss the Maehl Man
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

If he did leave which would suck cus i really like him, then hopefully they
ground PK's Airplane and do a real search. Not the circus one the last time.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I don't see why he would leave for Nebraska. Pretty much a step down in every sense. And would also be a bit of a dick move. Crazier things have happened though. I'd definitely be hugely dissapointed. I love the guy.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Schroeder's opinion...

I think Altman will consider the thought of leaving Oregon, even after only two seasons on the job. Ultimately, I don't think he'll take the job -- but he might.
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... -the-list/

Outlines a lot of what has already been mentioned in this thread. Hope he is correct.