Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Top Pac-12 coaches

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.pure-orange.net/cgi-bin/anyb ... aO=1&iWz=0

agree or disagree with rodent mentality?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: Top Pac-12 coaches

Post by Bud Lee »

I general do not put much stock in any poll that places their own coach ahead of others.

My vote would be:

1) Kelly
2) Kiffen

Leach and Rod are WAY overrated IMO
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Bud Lee wrote: Leach and Rod are WAY overrated IMO
They're the D'Antoni's of college football. All of them think that defense doesn't exist
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Riley is a top tier coach, eh? bahahahahaha :lol: :lol:
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Bud Lee wrote:I general do not put much stock in any poll that places their own coach ahead of others.

My vote would be:

1) Kelly
2) Kiffen

Kiffen? I disagree. With as much talent as he has had the past few years, it's hard to argue their success is because of his coaching ability. Recruiting and bending the rules to get top-tier recruits? Now that's a different story.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:I general do not put much stock in any poll that places their own coach ahead of others.

My vote would be:

1) Kelly
2) Kiffen

Kiffen? I disagree. With as much talent as he has had the past few years, it's hard to argue their success is because of his coaching ability. Recruiting and bending the rules to get top-tier recruits? Now that's a different story.
In college sports, recruiting is a huge part of being a coach.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Phenom wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

My vote would be:

1) Kelly
2) Kiffen

In college sports, recruiting is a huge part of being a coach.

Exactly, the most important job of a college coach is recruiting, the second most important job is keeping the kids that you recruited. The fact that he was able to keep those kids at USC and continue to bring in new talent to keep that program up is nothing short of exceptional . Now I’m sure the name brand “USC” helped a lot and I’m not saying he isn’t a douche of a guy, but it is hard to deny that he is a good college football coach.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

That board :shock:
Laughed at the guy who said CK cheated to get here and laughed that the original poster put riley first. That was about all I gleaned from this.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Here is how I would classify a coach in the Pac 12 as being a top tier coach: You could show up to any kid's door-step on the east coast and he'd invite you in. Chip and Lame are getting inside that door. Mike is not. He's a very-well respected coach, no doubt about it, but he has simply turned OAC into a semi-annual bowl team, and nothing more.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

My vote would be:

1) Kelly
2) Kiffen

In college sports, Lying and Manipulating is a huge part of being a coach.
Fixed.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

It's kinda crazy that everyone thought Kiffin was highly overrated, then he beat Oregon this year and he's a top 10 coach nationally.

IMO there isn't enough of a sample size on Kiffin just yet for me to decide because he's only won 1 big game in his short career. It is kinda cool though that we've become a team that helps validate others(ohio st finally winning a 'big' one, kiffin's rise, cal almost beating us was huge for them etc)
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:

My vote would be:

1) Kelly
2) Kiffen

Agree.

I think of Coach Kiffin like I thought of Coach Kent with Luke, Luke and Freddy on the floor. Sometimes a coach simply has professional quality talent that comes together, works hard, and plays to win. Sometimes that happens in spite of the coaching.

USC beat us in Autzen last year fair and square. Kudos to them. But they won because of Barkely, M. Lee and Woods; not on account of some genius, revolutionary coaching strategy by Coach Kiffin.

We were destroying USC's defense when they fielded the Tampon 2. Whomever at USC decided that a change in defensive philosophy was necessary is the best coach at on that staff.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

You can tell riley isn't a top coach by how much space they had to use just to defend him in the list.

Posted from my Android
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Tough Crowd.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Duck fans calling out other fans for their coaches "bending the rules" in recruiting is.... ironic?!?

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK