College Football Live: 2012 Top 25

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: College Football Live: 2012 Top 25

Post by Phenom »

I agree that we are unproven at the offensive side of the ball, but if there´s one thing you can count on with CK is that we will always have a top tier offense. That being said, our defense will be amazing this year. Maybe even better than our offense.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

our defense will be amazing this year
Amazing is a big word...I'm not even sure LSU's "D" last year was "amazing"....of course I think they were, but that might just be the homer in me.

one thing you can count on with CK is that we will always have a top tier offense.
I would say you can count on him having a top tier "scheme"... you can have to best play book and coaches in the world and not be a top tier offense without the right players.

With that said, I think y'all will have a VERY strong unit on offense next year that is possible of putting up elite numbers.
Last edited by Bud Lee on Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I mean amazing by Oregon and Pac-12 standards.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Phenom wrote:I mean amazing by Oregon and Pac-12 standards.

:lol: Fair enough ... having a "top 25" draft pick playing DE is going to be a big plus
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Bud Lee wrote:
Phenom wrote:I mean amazing by Oregon and Pac-12 standards.

:lol: Fair enough ... having a "top 25" draft pick playing DE is going to be a big plus
I was watching the 2011 LSU/Oregon game recently and your defense was fricking amazing. By Pac-10 standards, 2007 USC was about as good as it gets. Maybe '91 Washington also.

Lately the SEC seems to have one team a year that that plays on this level.

I really hate you guys for that. :(
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I really hate you guys for that
:lol: If it makes you feel better the best SEC offense last year was no where near the middle of the road PAC teams last year. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that LSU will be like the ’03 and ’07 national champions this year and dominate both side of the ball.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Bud Lee wrote:
:lol: If it makes you feel better the best SEC offense last year was no where near the middle of the road PAC teams last year. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that LSU will be like the ’03 and ’07 national champions this year and dominate both side of the ball.
If LSU ever incorporates the new fangled forward pass thingy into their offense ya'll could be pretty good.

Kidding aside, how do you think Mettenberger will fare this year?
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Kimber45 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
If LSU ever incorporates the new fangled forward pass thingy into their offense ya'll could be pretty good.

Kidding aside, how do you think Roethlisberger Jr. will fare this year?
Fixed.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Braveheart wrote:Kidding aside, how do you think Roethlisberger Jr. will fare this year?

Fixed.

Hmmm......not sure if commenting about style of play.....or if it is a boobie grabbing joke. :?:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Kimber45 wrote:Kidding aside, how do you think Mettenberger will fare this year?
I think he is going to have a great year…I’m biased of course…but the coaches seem to be very confident in the kid. He has proven himself in JUCO and has the arm strength and presence that we have not had since Matt Flynn. I can’t wait to see him perform in the opener.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Bud Lee wrote:
Kimber45 wrote:Kidding aside, how do you think Mettenberger will fare this year?
I think he is going to have a great year…I’m biased of course…but the coaches seem to be very confident in the kid. He has proven himself in JUCO and has the arm strength and presence that we have not had since Matt Flynn. I can’t wait to see him perform in the opener.
These wouldn't be the same coaches that were confident in JJ would they? JK :lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UofDuck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
These wouldn't be the same coaches that were confident in JJ would they? JK :lol:

They were never confident in his passing, hence the option.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Bud Lee wrote:
I looked around for the full LSU Spring game last night but couldn't find it.

From the few youtube clips I found Mettenberger looks like a big kid with a big arm who has no inhibitions about throwing the long ball.

I'd say there is plenty to be excited about.

Your WR squad looks pretty solid too. Either this year or next, I see ODB becoming a M. Lee/R. Woods type of talent on the field.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Bud Lee wrote:
Braveheart wrote:Kidding aside, how do you think Roethlisberger Jr. will fare this year?

Fixed.

Hmmm......not sure if commenting about style of play.....or if it is a boobie grabbing joke. :?:

Less about style of play, and more along the groping, looks, and name thing. You knew what I meant. :lol:
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Kimber45 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
I looked around for the full LSU Spring game last night but couldn't find it.

From the few youtube clips I found Mettenberger looks like a big kid with a big arm who has no inhibitions about throwing the long ball.

I'd say there is plenty to be excited about.

Your WR squad looks pretty solid too. Either this year or next, I see ODB becoming a M. Lee/R. Woods type of talent on the field.
They have had other player with no problems about throwing the long ball, Jacheeseburger Russel. They worked out fine in college.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)