GM: Boston Celtics GM

More Pac-12 coaches rankings

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: More Pac-12 coaches rankings

Post by Bud Lee »

I'm just not sold on Leach...I guess we wil see.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think leach was an epic hire.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Ted Miller's rankings from the article:

"This was mine:

1. Chip Kelly, Oregon
2. Kyle Whittingham, Utah
3. Rich Rodriguez, Arizona
4. Mike Leach, Washington State
5. Lane Kiffin, USC
6. Steve Sarkisian, Washington
7. David Shaw, Stanford
8. Mike Riley, Oregon State
9. Jeff Tedford, California
10. Todd Graham, Arizona State
11. Jim Mora, UCLA
12. Jon Embree, Colorado"

Seems a bit superfluous to make a ranking that includes five new coaches and a sophomore in Coach Embree. Then again, we have entered the off-season doldrums and the only CBF news worth reporting until Fall camp will come from either the NCAA or police blotters.

On the whole, I pretty exicted to see how the new coaches alter the football personality of the Pac12.

The offense at WSU was actually pretty good last year. Leach has a good foundation to build his Air Raid offense if that's the direction he is going. The WSU defense, on the other hand, is still pretty much dog pooh. Exciting offense; not so much defense; I think Coach Leach will fit right in with the Pac.

Coach Rodriquez, on the other hand, has his work cut out for him at Arizona. Foles certainly wasn't a spread QB, but they've had a darn good passing attack the last couple years. Do they have a spread QB on the roster at Arizona? Criner is gone to Oakland and Antolin is/was never much more than servicable at RB. Before last year, Arizona fielded a pretty decent defense. Last year we rolled over them like a Crispy Creme doughnut. I didn't watch the Arizona Spring game, but I don't think that are a lot of spread players on that offense.

Coach Graham gets the pass because I have no idea who he is. Sort of a mystery hire. Might turn out to be a genius hire ala Coach Kelly. Might have been the 10th guy on the short list because noone else wanted the job.

Coach Mora has a ton of talent in LA. Few coaches have ever, in the entire history of college football, sucked as bad as Coach Neuheisel did during his stint at UCLA. Everybody outside of Westbrook knew that Neuheisel was a bad hire and I feel for the loyal Bruins fans who suffered through four years of incompetent coaching. Coach Mora has a roster filled with highly graded talent, but his QB offerings consist of a promising spread QB (Hundley) and two other guys in a long line of promising, yet undeveloped and wasted quaterbacks. Geez, has any school aside from Cal been worse at recruiting and fielding a decent, average, servicable, regular, reliable, acceptable quarterback? I think Coach Mora's biggest challenge out of the gate will be attempting to instill discipline at UCLA without losing the team.

Coach Shaw, as I've said elsewhere, I am skeptical about. Not to say Shaw is a bad coach, just that Jim Harbaugh is an awfully tough act to follow.

Wittingham has done well in the minor leagues. I'm hopeful that our new brothers in Utah and Colorado will prove to be quality adversaries over time. Coach Embree, I fear, has the least to work with.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

oregontrack wrote:i think leach was an epic hire.
Hopefully for y’all he won’t be. :D
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Apparently, so do the guys over on The Shag.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthr ... e-internet
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Kimber45 wrote:
Apparently, so do the guys over on The Shag.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthr ... e-internet
That is hilarious, Craig James is a suck hole.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK