Humphrey transfers again

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Humphrey transfers again

Post by Boom »

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... -virginia/
On Tuesday, it was officially announced that Humphrey would be leaving BC after a single season and enrolling at another Big East refugee in West Virginia.
uostudent
Senior

Re: Humphrey transfers again

Post by uostudent »

Ya, pretty hilarious. I'm actually surprised that he ended up at a big program. Was expecting him to transfer to a school like Depaul (closer to home). Basketball wise, West Virginia is a pretty big upgrade over Boston College.

At least he got his degree from Boston College and not from West Virginia.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Humphrey was TERRIBLE at BC last year, I saw a couple games and he turns it over and miss a lot of shots. I wish him the best, but I don't think he'll last long or play much at WVU.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Figured he'd be about the same player after transferring since he probably hit his peak during his SR year in HS or FR year in college.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

when Humphrey was here i had heard that
he wasn't the best team mate. Had some attitude
issues. So seeing him transfer again isn't really a surprise.
Hope he gets it together.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

A lot of athletes like this are babies. They are used to being the stars until college. When they face a little adversity, they decide to go elsewhere.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

uostudent wrote:Ya, pretty hilarious. I'm actually surprised that he ended up at a big program. Was expecting him to transfer to a school like Depaul (closer to home). Basketball wise, West Virginia is a pretty big upgrade over Boston College.

You can't seriously believe half the stuff you say about degrees from certain schools. For 90% of jobs it doesn't matter what school the paper is from, just that you have it and it's from a accredited school.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

buckmarkduck wrote:
uostudent wrote:Ya, pretty hilarious. I'm actually surprised that he ended up at a big program. Was expecting him to transfer to a school like Depaul (closer to home). Basketball wise, West Virginia is a pretty big upgrade over Boston College.

You can't seriously believe half the stuff you say about degrees from certain schools. For 90% of jobs it doesn't matter what school the paper is from, just that you have it and it's from a accredited school.
It's not that Boston College is a far superior school - it's more about the connections that you're going to make there. One of my friends graduated from BC and got hooked up because they have some influential alumni. This isn't uncommon at very good private schools - you're paying for the network.

For your first job, where you went to school and your GPA definitely matters. I am positive that I was passed over in favor of USC and UCLA grads, prior to landing my first job. After your first job, your work experience is what employers look at.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

uostudent wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

It's not that Boston College is a far superior school - it's more about the connections that you're going to make there. One of my friends graduated from BC and got hooked up because they have some influential alumni. This isn't uncommon at very good private schools - you're paying for the network.

For your first job, where you went to school and your GPA definitely matters. I am positive that I was passed over in favor of USC and UCLA grads, prior to landing my first job. After your first job, your work experience is what employers look at.
This. A family friend of ours is an exec for Nike and he will take a kid with a 3.2 out of Notre Dame over a kid with a 3.2 from U of A (Just an example school) any day.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:
uostudent wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

This. A family friend of ours is an exec for Nike and he will take a kid with a 3.2 out of Notre Dame over a kid with a 3.2 from U of A (Just an example school) any day.
Totally depends where you are applying to. But it certainly couldn't hurt.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13