NBA Free Agency Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: NBA Free Agency Thread

Post by RanDux »

Aaron Brooks an unrestricted free agent now. Will the Blazers be interested?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

RanDux wrote:Aaron Brooks an unrestricted free agent now. Will the Blazers be interested?
Sounds like the Rockets are wanting him back.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
RanDux wrote:Aaron Brooks an unrestricted free agent now. Will the Blazers be interested?
Sounds like the Rockets are wanting him back.
Makes sense with Lowry potentially gone and Lin not being signed.

Honestly, Brooks played really well in Houston, so I could understand why they want him back.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

word is brooklyn, orlando, and cleveland are nearing completion of a dwight howard trade. brook lopez would go to orlando, kris humphries to cleveland, dwight to brooklyn (obviously), lots of draft picks will change hands, lots of cash, and 11 players in total (according to reports).

if this goes down, i think they're easily a threat to take the #1 overall seed in the east. i see miami taking a lot of nights off and dialing in closer to march, boston has always laughed off the regular season and turned it on in the postseason, and chicago will be without derrick rose for half a season... i love my pacers but they're not a serious contender even if they get another top 4 seed (and there's that roy hibbert question mark still looming, even putting that in jeopardy). new york? lol.

i'm not saying i think brooklyn is my favorite to come out of the east (that would still be miami, with boston a close second) but i think they'll be really tough to beat in the regular season.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:word is brooklyn, orlando, and cleveland are nearing completion of a dwight howard trade. brook lopez would go to orlando, kris humphries to cleveland, dwight to brooklyn (obviously), lots of draft picks will change hands, lots of cash, and 11 players in total (according to reports).

if this goes down, i think they're easily a threat to take the #1 overall seed in the east. i see miami taking a lot of nights off and dialing in closer to march, boston has always laughed off the regular season and turned it on in the postseason, and chicago will be without derrick rose for half a season... i love my pacers but they're not a serious contender even if they get another top 4 seed (and there's that roy hibbert question mark still looming, even putting that in jeopardy). new york? lol.

i'm not saying i think brooklyn is my favorite to come out of the east (that would still be miami, with boston a close second) but i think they'll be really tough to beat in the regular season.
Even with D-Will, Johnson, and Howard as their core, they'll have the same problem as Miami: filling out the rest of the roster with adequate talent. I don't see the Nets as even close to the same talent as Miami. Howard and D-Will are top players at their respective positions, but Johnson is nowhere near the top of the league in terms of SGs.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

greenyellow wrote:
oregontrack wrote:word is brooklyn, orlando, and cleveland are nearing completion of a dwight howard trade. brook lopez would go to orlando, kris humphries to cleveland, dwight to brooklyn (obviously), lots of draft picks will change hands, lots of cash, and 11 players in total (according to reports).

Even with D-Will, Johnson, and Howard as their core, they'll have the same problem as Miami: filling out the rest of the roster with adequate talent. I don't see the Nets as even close to the same talent as Miami. Howard and D-Will are top players at their respective positions, but Johnson is nowhere near the top of the league in terms of SGs.
Don't forget Gerald Wallace also in Brooklyn, unless of course he's part of the trade. But I haven't heard his name being mentioned.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

greenyellow wrote:

Yes he is... ranked 5th in PER. It would be hard to argue that he's not at least in the top 10 for his position. Similar talent level as Bosh imo.

And playing next to a top 3 PG and the #1 center will make him that much better.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boom wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Yes he is... ranked 5th in PER. It would be hard to argue that he's not at least in the top 10 for his position. Similar talent level as Bosh imo.

And playing next to a top 3 PG and the #1 center will make him that much better.
Joe Johnson is a good player. He's a 20ppg 4rpg 4apg 1spg with solid shooting percentages. That's a top 10 SG right there no doubt. But giving the contract the Nets did, and when you take his age into account, it's a terrible contract. JJ is going into his 12th season, he is on the decline. Nets want to win, but it will cost them.

Adding Dwight would make them the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East.

OreDucks01284
Senior

NBA Free Agency Thread

Post by OreDucks01284 »

roy hibbert is in portland and will sign offer sheet for portland tomorrow night.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OreDucks01284 wrote:roy hibbert is in portland and will sign offer sheet for portland tomorrow night.
Looks as if Indiana will match Portland's offer so him being there could be for nothing. If no Hibbert, then Portland is going to have to go to Plan B or C, depending on who they can get at center.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81445 ... eport-says
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
OreDucks01284 wrote:roy hibbert is in portland and will sign offer sheet for portland tomorrow night.
Looks as if Indiana will match Portland's offer so him being there could be for nothing. If no Hibbert, then Portland is going to have to go to Plan B or C, depending on who they can get at center.

Bummer, Hibbert would have been a nice signing. Curious who we go after now.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Bummer, Hibbert would have been a nice signing. Curious who we go after now.
A name being tossed around is Javale McGee, who definitely don't want since he's a major bonehead.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I kind of hope we sign and trade Batum and hold onto our cap space for James Harden next year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Boom wrote:I kind of hope we sign and trade Batum and hold onto our cap space for James Harden next year.
I think they're keeping Batum so Harden is out of the question. Maybe they make a run at Lopez as a stop gap center. The team has so many holes right now that next year is probably going to be another throwaway year without some serious help. Plus with next year's draft being very shallow, Portland won't get much help there.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I want them to go after Milsap or Al Jeff next both are free agents, or even try to get in a trade. I don't get all these people on blazers.com asking if blazers can now offer more since indiana is going to match, there's a reason it's called a max contract. Joe Johnson has always been compared to Brandon, now he's lost a little but he's still a good option for a starting two guard.