Post by uodux1212 »

Bitch slapped.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
thomas time
Senior

Re: Emmert over-stepping his bounds?

Post by thomas time »

I'm glad the NCAA came down hard on them all that stuff is just disgusting and they deserved it all.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Elduderino wrote:
Duck07 wrote:4 year post-season ban.
$60M to a general sex abuse victims fund
1998-2012 wins vacated, Paterno now 12th coach by wins.
10 initial and 20 total scholarships each year for a four-year period.
Glad to see the funding for abuse included. NCAA brought the hammer.
Ya good to see.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

My only complaint if have one is that question whether the 60 mil is enough. That is the equivalent of what they make during a typical year for Penn State football. This was allowed to be swept under the carpet for 13 years where the school benefitted financially for the cover up. I would have liked a 100- 120 mil fine for them. Beyond questioning the dollar amount of the fine I think the rest is fair.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I have a feeling that by the time the smoke clears from all the civil suits, $60 million will look like chump change.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:My only complaint if have one is that question whether the 60 mil is enough. That is the equivalent of what they make during a typical year for Penn State football. This was allowed to be swept under the carpet for 13 years where the school benefitted financially for the cover up. I would have liked a 100- 120 mil fine for them. Beyond questioning the dollar amount of the fine I think the rest is fair.

They're losing their B10 bowl revenue for 4 years as well... Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but still significant.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:My only complaint if have one is that question whether the 60 mil is enough. That is the equivalent of what they make during a typical year for Penn State football. This was allowed to be swept under the carpet for 13 years where the school benefitted financially for the cover up. I would have liked a 100- 120 mil fine for them. Beyond questioning the dollar amount of the fine I think the rest is fair.
I don't know if the Penn State Athletic Department was self sufficient before the scandal, but they certainly won't be now. Won't any fines then have to come from the general fund, therefore being paid by students and/or taxpayers?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

maxduck wrote:
I don't know if the Penn State Athletic Department was self sufficient before the scandal, but they certainly won't be now. Won't any fines then have to come from the general fund, therefore being paid by students and/or taxpayers?
Seeing as this fine was levied by the NCAA, I would assume that this fine would go towards the athletic department. I don't see how the NCAA, who only oversees athletics, could sanction anything but the athletic department. Even then though, the effects of this will trickle down and hurt anyone associated with the university via increased tuition, mandatory fees, cost of dorms etc etc as the University tries to find a way to make up for the fine. This fine is back breaking to the entire university. I read that Moody's is looking at downgrading the credit rating of Penn St which will have serious detrimental effects. Honestly, if I am Penn State, I think I would rather have a 1 year death penalty than deal with this. Penn State as an athletic department is going to be screwed for the better part of the next 10-15 years both financially and on the field, which will then have adverse effects on the university in terms of enrollment, donations and whatnot. I really hope that Penn State has some serious bankroll in terms of rich alums and an insane endowment because they are going to tap it out over the next decade or so.