Lane is a liar

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

uodux1212
Senior

Lane is a liar

Post by uodux1212 »

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... 2&id=42531

Do not mess with the USA Today Coaches Poll because it is not afraid to narc on you.

USC coach Lane Kiffin stepped in it Tuesday when he told reporters he wouldn't vote the Trojans No. 1. That wasn't a smart thing to say, most particularly because he did vote USC No. 1 with his first-ever vote in the coaches' poll.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Lane is a liar

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I can't believe I allowed myself to actually think that he has changed since UT and his first couple years at USC. Some people never change.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I don't think Lane is a terrible guy, he just can't seem to get rid of the immature dbag shtick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

uodux1212 wrote:http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... 2&id=42531

Do not mess with the USA Today Coaches Poll because it is not afraid to narc on you.

USC coach Lane Kiffin stepped in it Tuesday when he told reporters he wouldn't vote the Trojans No. 1. That wasn't a smart thing to say, most particularly because he did vote USC No. 1 with his first-ever vote in the coaches' poll.
Not a lie, sadly. His sports information director voted SC #1.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Duck07 wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... 2&id=42531

Not a lie, sadly. His sports information director voted SC #1.

He said he filled it out himself with the help of a few others.....

Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Either way....

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I'm glad he's back in the P12... Makes things interesting if nothing else.

USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Lane is a liar

Post by USUaggieDuck »

He said he wouldn't vote them number one if he were coach of a different team. Meaning, looking at us from the outside, I sure wouldn't think USC was number one.

Sent from my iPad
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

And now...

Lane Kiffin, a voting member for this season's USA Today college football coaches' poll for the first time, says he has pulled out -- after one vote for the preseason standings -- and won't continue to submit selections.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor ... aches-poll
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Spin.

Either way he gave up his vote.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8263986

USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

maxduck wrote:And now...

Lane Kiffin, a voting member for this season's USA Today college football coaches' poll for the first time, says he has pulled out -- after one vote for the preseason standings -- and won't continue to submit selections.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor ... aches-poll
Id do the same. Even if he lied, they shouldn't have exposed him. They say it is for the integrity of the poll, but integrity would be to be able to vote anonymously so you don't have to play politics with your vote

Posted from my Android
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

But if they feel like a coach is using their system to improve his team than I think that call upon that coach's integrity. I know it's a little different than a terrible team having a random #1 vote whereas most have USC at about #3 at worst but still you shouldn't be voting them #1 if you don't think they're the best team
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Lane is a liar

Post by USUaggieDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:But if they feel like a coach is using their system to improve his team than I think that call upon that coach's integrity. I know it's a little different than a terrible team having a random #1 vote whereas most have USC at about #3 at worst but still you shouldn't be voting them #1 if you don't think they're the best team
I think he does think they are the best. I think his initial comment was misconstrued. He's kind of awkward around words, but this shouldn't have been a big deal.

Sent from my iPad
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

USUaggieDuck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:But if they feel like a coach is using their system to improve his team than I think that call upon that coach's integrity. I know it's a little different than a terrible team having a random #1 vote whereas most have USC at about #3 at worst but still you shouldn't be voting them #1 if you don't think they're the best team
I think he does think they are the best. I think his initial comment was misconstrued. He's kind of awkward around words, but this shouldn't have been a big deal.

Sent from my iPad
That's putting it politely
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

This is honestly the most non story I have read in a long time. Not sure why it seems to be such big news, unless you just want to knit pick things to hate SC over. It's like UW hating UO for having 12-0 shirts, having to many uniforms, making the swoosh to bright on Seahawks unis, playing the pick to much and on and on.