Stud WR is transferring to Tennessee Tech

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: Stud WR is transferring to Tennessee Tech

Post by RanDux »

TTUEagles wrote:TTU fan here...I'm actually coming to the game in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing the great state of Oregon and all that U of O has to offer on gameday! I've done this TTU vs FBS thing 5 times now and it's become an annual father/son trip.
"We" (well, most of us) are excited about our new receiver and I am glad to read that we may be able to provide some better practice for you...
We are not that bad, but we all understand the disparity between divisions.
If anyone has any advice for the trip - pre-game meals/post-game meals, places in the state to see (I think we'll stay somewhere along the coast), tailgate options where I can bum 1 or 10 beers off of someone...
THANKS!
Here is a thread on eDuck with some good suggestions: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=128&f=1423&t=9268167
OreDucks01284
Senior

Stud WR is transferring to Tennessee Tech

Post by OreDucks01284 »

TTUEagles wrote:TTU fan here...I'm actually coming to the game in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing the great state of Oregon and all that U of O has to offer on gameday! I've done this TTU vs FBS thing 5 times now and it's become an annual father/son trip.
"We" (well, most of us) are excited about our new receiver and I am glad to read that we may be able to provide some better practice for you...
We are not that bad, but we all understand the disparity between divisions.
If anyone has any advice for the trip - pre-game meals/post-game meals, places in the state to see (I think we'll stay somewhere along the coast), tailgate options where I can bum 1 or 10 beers off of someone...
THANKS!
Hey! welcome to Chat4quacks board, hope you will enjoy your stay here. Feel free to hang out with us on forum and discuss anything on here (football related) any questions, ask away! we will help u out.
TTUEagles
One Star Recruit

Post by TTUEagles »

Wow! Seemingly hundreds of ideas for things to do in and around the University. THANKS!
I definitely won't have time to take it all in, just excited to see the atmosphere, traditions, etc., etc. I'm sure that it won't be the most excited crowd of the year, with TTU being the opponent (I'm glad you guys are paying us well, though!). You always get treated better when people understand the situation, in that I'm not rolling in there talking *&#@ and realistically hoping for an upset...We aren't *&@@ obnoxious SEC Fans...
I'm looking forward to our opener tonight, I understand that our "new" WR may play, just not a lot...
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

TTUEagles wrote:I'm looking forward to our opener tonight, I understand that our "new" WR may play, just not a lot...
Cool, I didn't even realize TTU was playing tonight until you mentioned it. Best of luck against Hampton...would love to see TTU go 10-1 during the regular season.
TTUEagles
One Star Recruit

Post by TTUEagles »

Okay, our "stud WR" is, well, exactly that. He only played 6-7 plays, but caught 3 passes for 73 yards and one helluva nice TD catch. He is as advertised - I'm excited to see what he can do after he learns the playbook a little more. I am 99.9% sure that he won't make any difference in "our" game Sept. 15th, but at least it may give Oregon fans something to do, someone to watch.
Looking forward to coming up there in 2 weeks!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

TTUEagles wrote:Okay, our "stud WR" is, well, exactly that. He only played 6-7 plays, but caught 3 passes for 73 yards and one helluva nice TD catch. He is as advertised - I'm excited to see what he can do after he learns the playbook a little more. I am 99.9% sure that he won't make any difference in "our" game Sept. 15th, but at least it may give Oregon fans something to do, someone to watch.
Looking forward to coming up there in 2 weeks!
Congrats for the victory against Hampton. Looks like the game was a bit of a shootout.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Even though I feel like he should be serving some form of suspension(like masoli should have also) still I am glad that he will be playing against us. It will make it harder for our guys to dog it during the game and during the preparation leading up to it.
TTUEagles
One Star Recruit

Post by TTUEagles »

I'm pretty sure no one cares, but...Our game with Hampton was not that close. We lead 31-7 at the half on nearly flawless offensive production...Our senior QB ("Stud WR" was his high school teammate and father was his high school coach) played outstanding. He's a great decision maker and runner, but, get this...he's 5'9"! Hampton took the 3rd Q KO for a TD and started a drive on TTU's 5 after a fumbled punt.
As far as having to stay suspended...he was suspended by UT and dismissed. That's like saying you get fired from one job and aren't allowed to work immediately at another. If he was suspended by the NCAA, I'd agree with you...Through some connections with both TTU & UT there is a LOT to Da'Rick's story...it's not as bad as it appears on the surface. He made some idiotic decisions, and maybe it's just for PR, but he has publicly addressed them and taken responsibility for those poor judgements.
Sorry for the long post, but at a party watching the UT game, I met a Boise St. fan (he married into the God-awful UT fan base, poor guy). He RAVED about U of O, Autzen, etc...He told me that I would absolutely love it there and makes me look forward to Sept. 15 even more! My only hope is that "we" can get at least 1 TD and you guys mercifully don't hang more than 55 on us!