Stud WR is transferring to Tennessee Tech

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Stud WR is transferring to Tennessee Tech

Post by Phenom »

http://rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130993/darick-rogers

Apparently, he'll be eligible this year.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Stud WR is transferring to Tennessee Tech

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I wish that the lower division schools imposed some of the penalties on these guys. I know they're getting punished by having to leave their school but where's the justice when you can just leapfrog to another team and leave all your suspensions in the past
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Cool. We'll get to give our DBs a real work out in a game that otherwise would be easier at every position than a practice against our scout team.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I know there are some step by step implementaion rules before you can go full contact if you are a late arrival. Several practices in shells etc. Don't know how this works for in-year transfers? But he might be delayed a bit before really working into play.

That being said, Tech is not until our 3rd week, so not really an issue I suppose.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Awesome! Now our DB's will get a chance to go up against a legitimate D1 WR that week. He'll probably be better than anyone Arkansas State or Fresno State can throw at us
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
Ducks1
Three Star Recruit

Post by Ducks1 »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:Awesome! Now our DB's will get a chance to go up against a legitimate D1 WR that week. He'll probably be better than anyone Arkansas State or Fresno State can throw at us
If he actually plays and is healthy, he is probably the best receiver we will face this year besides Woods, Lee, Wilson, and Allen.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Marquess Wilson
Marqise Lee
Robert Woods
Keenan Allen
Da'Rick Rogers

It's crazy to think that we will be facing what some believe to be the top 5 WR's in the entire nation. Our DB's are going to have a lot of work to do this season. Too bad we don't have the shutdown corner we should have right about now (Looking at you, Cliff).
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:Awesome! Now our DB's will get a chance to go up against a legitimate D1 WR that week. He'll probably be better than anyone Arkansas State or Fresno State can throw at us
My thoughts as well. The secondary will be tested frequently this season once we hit conference play, so the more great receivers they face before then, the better.
John 3:36
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

SuperDuck wrote:
My thoughts as well. The secondary will be tested frequently this season once we hit conference play, so the more great receivers they face before then, the better.

Thats assuming the OL gives the QB enough time to get the ball out 8-)

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Marquess Wilson
Marqise Lee
Robert Woods
Keenan Allen
Da'Rick Rogers

It's crazy to think that we will be facing what some believe to be the top 5 WR's in the entire nation. Our DB's are going to have a lot of work to do this season. Too bad we don't have the shutdown corner we should have right about now (Looking at you, Cliff).
I guarantee that we are the only team in the nation playing all 5 of those receivers this year.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Marquess Wilson
Marqise Lee
Robert Woods
Keenan Allen
Da'Rick Rogers

He'd still be gone.
TTUEagles
One Star Recruit

Post by TTUEagles »

TTU fan here...I'm actually coming to the game in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing the great state of Oregon and all that U of O has to offer on gameday! I've done this TTU vs FBS thing 5 times now and it's become an annual father/son trip.
"We" (well, most of us) are excited about our new receiver and I am glad to read that we may be able to provide some better practice for you...
We are not that bad, but we all understand the disparity between divisions.
If anyone has any advice for the trip - pre-game meals/post-game meals, places in the state to see (I think we'll stay somewhere along the coast), tailgate options where I can bum 1 or 10 beers off of someone...
THANKS!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

TTUEagles wrote:TTU fan here...I'm actually coming to the game in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing the great state of Oregon and all that U of O has to offer on gameday! I've done this TTU vs FBS thing 5 times now and it's become an annual father/son trip.
"We" (well, most of us) are excited about our new receiver and I am glad to read that we may be able to provide some better practice for you...
If anyone has any advice for the trip - pre-game meals/post-game meals, places in the state to see (I think we'll stay somewhere along the coast), tailgate options where I can bum 1 or 10 beers off of someone...
THANKS!
Welcome! You should create a separate thread and you'll get more reaction and responses there........My quick list

1. Florence is close to eugene on the coast, has great sand dunes
2. walk the footbridge to autzen
3. papa's soul food or track town pizza for food in eugene.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

TTUEagles wrote:TTU fan here...I'm actually coming to the game in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to seeing the great state of Oregon and all that U of O has to offer on gameday! I've done this TTU vs FBS thing 5 times now and it's become an annual father/son trip.
THANKS!
Welcome to the board and I hope you see some good hospitality during your visit. My only real recommendation for a Gameday must would be to walk across the footbridge to view Autzen for the first time, especially that time of the year.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

We should star a thread for people who are visiting Eugene and/or Autzen for the first time.