Florida-Bowling Green

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Florida-Bowling Green

Post by Duck24 »

Florida does not look good at all. Up 3 but BG in the redzone.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Florida-Bowling Green

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SEC overall didn't have a great weekend.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:SEC overall didn't have a great weekend.
PAC-12 didn't completely impress either (looking @ Cal especially).
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

We won the ones we were supposed to. Bama crushed their Big 10 opponent and Tennessee looked good against North Carolina State. Our two losses, Clemson v. Auburn and Louisville v. Kentucky, were expected. Auburn is really down this year and Kentucky is waiting for basketball season.

Everyone else squashed their cupcakes with the exception of Bowling Green, which was still a two score win and they kept them from scoring in two quarters.

Pretty much on par with the Pac’s weekend if not a little better given y’all had three loses and a few games that were too close for the level of competition.

Its week one, besides a select few no one looked impressive. Of course your offense is one of those select few…
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:
We won the ones we were supposed to. Bama crushed their Big 10 opponent and Tennessee looked good against North Carolina State. Our two losses, Clemson v. Auburn and Louisville v. Kentucky, were expected. Auburn is really down this year and Kentucky is waiting for basketball season.

Everyone else squashed their cupcakes with the exception of Bowling Green, which was still a two score win and they kept them from scoring in two quarters.

Pretty much on par with the Pac’s weekend if not a little better given y’all had three loses and a few games that were too close for the level of competition.

Its week one, besides a select few no one looked impressive. Of course your offense is one of those select few…
SC, Top 10 SEC team looked terrible in their opening game. Vandy's D held their own, but they won't make a bowl game, so definitely an ugly win for SC.

Georgia, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St all played cake teams. And Bama is bama, so anything other than a win is frowned upon.

Florida struggled mightily against Bowling Green.

Auburn and Kentucky lost. I actually though Auburn would win, but anyway..

Tennessee's win was impressive, they are up and coming.

But really, there were 3 close games in my books: Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee. You guys only took one out of three of those. And on top of that, SC and Florida looked terrible.

IDK, it is week 1, but Florida and SC really shouldn't have struggled so much. And IMO I thought Auburn should have held off Clemson. My 2 cents. Then again, the Pac-12 had a worse week. I just expect perfection from SEC, afterall that's what ESPN seems to depict them as.

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I just expect perfection from SEC, afterall that's what ESPN seems to depict them as.

:lol: fair enough
IDK, it is week 1, but Florida and SC really shouldn't have struggled so much.

I agree with you when it comes to Florida, they struggled more than they should have. But Vandy is not the Vandy of old, they are going to win a lot of games this year. However I guess I could be wrong about Vandy’s abilities this year and if I am you have to take in consideration that SC starting QB was injured the majority of the game.

And IMO I thought Auburn should have held off Clemson.

Really? I never thought they really had a chance.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:
I just expect perfection from SEC, afterall that's what ESPN seems to depict them as.

:lol: fair enough
IDK, it is week 1, but Florida and SC really shouldn't have struggled so much.

I agree with you when it comes to Florida, they struggled more than they should have. But Vandy is not the Vandy of old, they are going to win a lot of games this year. However I guess I could be wrong about Vandy’s abilities this year and if I am you have to take in consideration that SC starting QB was injured the majority of the game.

And IMO I thought Auburn should have held off Clemson.

Really? I never thought they really had a chance.
See and that's where time will tell on South Carolina (And Vandy for that matter). I think Vanderbilt is the same of old. They were just very pumped for game one, and their defense executed amazingly. But they have no pass game, and that will eat them alive in the SEC. Rodgers td-int ratio is about 1.0 and his completion rate is terrible.

Auburn still has solid defense, and I think Clemson is very overrated. Florida State is going to stomp on them, and I expect South Carolina to humble them as well after a typical soft ACC conference schedule.

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Clemson got exposed big time against West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl. There is no denying that have extreme talent on offense, but they never seem to be able to put it together on a consistent bases. That along with an extremely poor defense will get them in trouble against real teams.

I agree with TK1 that they are slightly overrated.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Clemson got exposed big time against West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl. There is no denying that have extreme talent on offense, but they never seem to be able to put it together on a consistent bases. That along with an extremely poor defense will get them in trouble against real teams.

I agree with TK1 that they are slightly overrated.
They are the Cal/UCLA of the eastern seaboard.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

The last few years I think Clemson, Cal and ND have done the least with the most. I think this is tedfords last year at cal. Wonder if they will contact MB if the job does open up?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think MB is a great coach but I'm curious how well he'd fare if he came back to coaching. MB would need to hire 100% new coaching staff since everyone is still here at UO. I think that might be difficult to overcome when he was so used to working with certain guys