Lots of significant OOC games for the Pac-12 this week

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Lots of significant OOC games for the Pac-12 this week

Post by buckmarkduck »

Beavis isn't winning any big game, until they tear SC fans hearts out again in Cornvalley.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

buckmarkduck wrote:Beavis isn't winning any big game, until they tear SC fans hearts out again in Cornvalley.
Pretty much the only time I actively root for the Beavitch!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

There's no way the beavers beat wisky.... After all, OSU is no northern iowa.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I really hope that Stanford has a solid game vs. Duke simply because I'd like them to have some confidence to build off of going into their following game when they host USC.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Greenblood wrote:I really hope that Stanford has a solid game vs. Duke simply because I'd like them to have some confidence to build off of going into their following game when they host USC.
I really would not me shocked if Stanford takes a loss this weekend.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:
Greenblood wrote:I really hope that Stanford has a solid game vs. Duke simply because I'd like them to have some confidence to build off of going into their following game when they host USC.
I really would not me shocked if Stanford takes a loss this weekend.
If this was in Carolina, I could see this. But Stanford is home against a team that won 3 games last year (2 were against FIU and Tulane). Stanford's defense will silence Duke. But I still think we see Nunes struggle again. I think Stanford's defense come away with a score or two to make the score look bigger than it should.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Stanford's defense was missing a couple key players the first week (Skov and someone else?) so I think they will bounce back with a 10+pt win against Duke.

On another note, I think that Arizona has a shot of beating OK St. People may look at the Toledo game and totally disregard UA, but I think they played a legitimately solid game. Toledo is no pushover as they were actually one of the best offenses in the country last year (with the same QB's leading their offense this year). Arizona played disciplined on defense (something I haven't seen in a while) while giving up only 3.8ypp.

Though the 24 points doesn't show it, Arizona moved the ball with ease in this game. Unfortunately costly TO's and missed Field Goals cost them many points. If they can clean up those mistakes I like them against OSU... If they make the same mistakes, it will be a long night trying to catch up with OSU's offense.

38-35 UA
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Re: Lots of significant OOC games for Pac-12 teams this week

Post by Kimber45 »

I see four losses and a pretty ugly OOC weekend for the PAC.
Bud Lee wrote: In my opinion;

1) Arizona is going to get their arses handed to them
2) ASU will probably win but it is going to be a competitive matchup
3) USC is going to roll over the Orange men
4) This sounds crazy...but...I think Duke will upset Stanford\
5) UCLA has no chance against Nebraska
6) I'm not sure about Wisconsin v. OSU, I want to say that Ball is going to run for 150+ and they will win by 2 TD's but after last week I don't know...
7) In regards to the Huskies...BAWHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :lol:
Quoted for the Huskies comment because I'm an LSU fan this weekend.

Wisky will roll over the Beavers this weekend because the Beavers are (1) having their first game, (2) are not familiar with the concept of run defense and (3) unmanned to execute a run defense even if they checked the book out from the library beforehand to grasp the notion. Badgers by three scores.

Stanford, on the other hand, will squish Duke like a lady bug. Final score might not be impressive, but the onfield mismatch will be obvious. We're talking about the Duke University football team coming across country to play in the stadium of a team with back to back BCS bowl game appearances.

Duke. The smart kids. Not unlike Harvard, Penn, Coumbia, Yale . . . Not a John Wayne film moniker. The Duke football team.

I believe the cool kids now say . . . slow your roll . . . or something like that. Stanford may take a step back a bit this year, but they are a very good football team simply working through some new quarterback jitters.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

I also picked Duke to upset Stanford. If they can get ahead by two scores, it might be game set match.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Braveheart wrote:I also picked Duke to upset Stanford. If they can get ahead by two scores, it might be game set match.
Well, I'm only one-half idiot savant, and savant left town awhile ago.

I have a lot of respect for your and Bud's opionions on things, but I'm just not seeing the upset.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

UW has a better chance of upsetting LSU than Duke of Stanford IMO.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Kimber45 wrote:
Braveheart wrote:I also picked Duke to upset Stanford. If they can get ahead by two scores, it might be game set match.
Well, I'm only one-half idiot savant, and savant left town awhile ago.

I have a lot of respect for your and Bud's opionions on things, but I'm just not seeing the upset.
Meh...the spread is Stanford by 15 and they will more than likely cover, I just like to make a bold prediction every now and then that way I look like I'm cool and in the know if I end up being right. :D
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

my bold prediction for the weekend....lsu curbstomps the pups wins by 35+
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

duckfan96 wrote:my bold prediction for the weekend....lsu curbstomps the pups wins by 35+
That was a hard game for me to pick this week, I normally pick LSU's opponent with points because LSU is not good at covering the spread but this week they are a 23 1/2 favorite and I see them winning by 24-27.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Bud Lee wrote:. . . I just like to make a bold prediction every now and then that way I look like I'm cool and in the know if I end up being right. :D
The Fourth Commandment of the Internet:

"Go forth unto the interwebs with boldness. After all, you're anonymous. And if you are wrong in your unreasonable half-assed opinions, few people will care and noone will remember anyway. But if you're right, oh if you are right, the men will want to be you and the women will want to be with you."

Amen.