Sarkisian as goodwill ambassador

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Sarkisian as goodwill ambassador

Post by maxduck »

Winning friends in Baton Rouge-- a tweet by one of the local sports reporters...

Washington head coach just gave me a nice welcome to Tiger Stadium. Told me to get off the field. Then said did f****** stutter. #classic

http://twitter.com/ShariefIshaq
Braveheart
Sophomore

Re: Sarkisian as goodwill ambassador

Post by Braveheart »

Well, he did tell him....
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bark for sark.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Sark is a total d-bag.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

uodux1212 wrote:Sark is a total d-bag.
Chip isn't exactly Mr. Rogers... :D
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

uostudent wrote:
Yeah, Chip's arguably the snarkiest and most sarcastic coach in this conference (and we have a lot of them).
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Braveheart wrote:
uostudent wrote:
Yeah, Chip's arguably the snarkiest and most sarcastic coach in this conference (and we have a lot of them).
But he's still respectful with the media and people who deserve to be treated with respect. Those idiot students he told to shut up post game deserved it. And we all know that Chip wouldn't say/do what Sark did.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Braveheart wrote:
uostudent wrote:
Well yeah....... but he's OUR snarky, sarcastic coach so we love him :D

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I know a guy who is pretty high up in a prominent US company that is a big college football sponsor & he has nothing but bad things to say about Sark. They have a lot of college football coaches in to speak at conferences & different events & he said Sark was pretty much the most arrogant idiot that's ever spoken at these things. Pretty much had nothing to say but a bunch of F-Bomb rah rah nonsense. Chip on the other hand made a huge fan out of this guy because of how classy he has been when he's been invited to speak.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I know a guy who is pretty high up in a prominent US company that is a big college football sponsor & he has nothing but bad things to say about Sark. They have a lot of college football coaches in to speak at conferences & different events & he said Sark was pretty much the most arrogant idiot that's ever spoken at these things. Pretty much had nothing to say but a bunch of F-Bomb rah rah nonsense. Chip on the other hand made a huge fan out of this guy because of how classy he has been when he's been invited to speak.
Interesting. I've actually met Sarkisian and he seemed like a pretty good dude. When I told him that I went to Oregon, he joked around with me about what a huge mistake I made.

I think it remains to be seen what kind of head coach Sarkisian can become. He was an excellent offensive coordinator for USC and has done a great job with Keith Price. Jake Locker looked like a lost cause and Sarkisian turned him into a somewhat respectable QB.

The "nice guys" in the conference aren't exactly premier coaches (Riley, Tedford, Embree).
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Sark never really stood out at SC, and I've never really heard any crazy stories about the guy.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Funny if you ever here any interviews of national media guys, they love Chip. Yes at half he is short with the sideline reports, and he hates the local media, but almost to a man I've only heard how funny Chip is with them off the air, and how easy to talk to he is.