Johnathan Franklin

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Johnathan Franklin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Best RB in the country, He's been solid his whole career at UCLA, so not really surprised with his first two games. This year's LMJ?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Braveheart
Sophomore

Re: Johnathan Franklin

Post by Braveheart »

Whoa, pump the breaks TK! He's played very well these last two games, and has been solid over his career...but he aint the best RB in the country.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Braveheart wrote:Whoa, pump the breaks TK! He's played very well these last two games, and has been solid over his career...but he aint the best RB in the country.
After his soph year, I thought he was severly underrated. Keep in mind, since then he's been playing behind a pretty crappy offense overall. OL and QB play have not helped his cause.

Now with a QB that looks better than anyone else they've had in over a decade, and a above average OL, I think Franklin ends up being one of the best RBs in all CFBL.

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Impressive the first two weeks....yes. Best in the country....not so sure about that.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

yeah, definitely not the best in the country. probably top 3 in the pac-12, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. He'll be tough, though.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

back to back 200+ yard games is pretty impressive.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I don't see why he can't be one of the top RB's in the country... Look at this stats this year... They are unparalleled!

I think the reason people don't think as highly of him is b/c he has been mediocre the last couple years. But if you look at what he did with what he was given he was absolutely terrific. UCLA's passing game has been the WORST in the country for as long as I can remember and their O-Line has been poor. Yet still Franklin rushed for 1,000 yards and 6.0 yards per carry. I don't think many RB's in college football could have done what he did with the circumstances last year.

Finally he gets a chance with a real QUARTERBACK and an improved offensive line and look how he has performed. True, the defenses haven't been top-notch, but his performances have been spectacular.

431 yards rushing, 10.5ypc, 3tds
65 receiving yds, 1td

In two games.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

dd10snoop28 wrote:I don't see why he can't be one of the top RB's in the country... Look at this stats this year... They are unparalleled!

I think the reason people don't think as highly of him is b/c he has been mediocre the last couple years. But if you look at what he did with what he was given he was absolutely terrific. UCLA's passing game has been the WORST in the country for as long as I can remember and their O-Line has been poor. Yet still Franklin rushed for 1,000 yards and 6.0 yards per carry. I don't think many RB's in college football could have done what he did with the circumstances last year.

Finally he gets a chance with a real QUARTERBACK and an improved offensive line and look how he has performed. True, the defenses haven't been top-notch, but his performances have been spectacular.

65 receiving yds, 1td

In two games.
Stats aren't everything. I'm not discounting what he's did, but I don't see him as the best back in the country. He's a city guy, so I'm rooting for him (despite being a bRuin). With all being said, let's let him play half a season at this level before we crown him.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:I don't see why he can't be one of the top RB's in the country... Look at this stats this year... They are unparalleled!

65 receiving yds, 1td

In two games.
If Kenjon and/or DAT plays two full games, I'd be willing to bet that they have similar stats.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck24 wrote:

65 receiving yds, 1td

In two games.
If Kenjon and/or DAT plays two full games, I'd be willing to bet that they have similar stats.
Neither of our opponents even sniffed the skill level of Nebraska.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I hope he keeps it up all since I have him in fantasy. I didn't play him in week 1 and was disappointed, but then last week I played him and he does it again. WOW!! Keep it up Johnny!!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck24 wrote:

65 receiving yds, 1td

In two games.

no, but playing one game against nebraska isn't some odd deciding factor. it's not like we don't know what barner and dat can do.
ImageImageImageImageImage
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck24 wrote:

65 receiving yds, 1td

In two games.
Ironically we will get to find out Saturday how one of our opponents will do against Nebraska.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I know it's early, but he does lead the nation in rushing after 3 games, and...
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman12/