Senior

Notre Damn to the ACC

Post by chapelhillduck »

they also guarantee 5 football games vs ACC opponents
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Notre Damn to the ACC

Post by buckmarkduck »

I don't understand why the ACC would agree to this, you get ND but don't get the money maker in football? Who cares about getting an avg basketball program and some women's sports?
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Saw this on twitter:

Notre Dame will compete in the ACC in all sports but football. So they're Duke.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

chapelhillduck wrote:they also guarantee 5 football games vs ACC opponents
5 games a year isn't much different than what some conferences play each other. I wonder who they will end up dropping. Michigan? USC? Stanford? Army? Navy?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

DAT#6 wrote:
5 games a year isn't much different than what some conferences play each other. I wonder who they will end up dropping. Michigan? USC? Stanford? Army? Navy?
From what I heard last night they are dropping USC but will keep Stanford to keep their presence on the west coast. They will also likely keep playing the big 12 games and it is likely that they drop the games from the games in the mid-west.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Bud Lee wrote:
DAT#6 wrote:
From what I heard last night they are dropping USC but will keep Stanford to keep their presence on the west coast. They will also likely keep playing the big 12 games and it is likely that they drop the games from the games in the mid-west.
Wow, what a pussy move is true.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

uostudent wrote: Notre Dame will compete in the ACC in all sports but football. So they're Duke.

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

UofO8 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
DAT#6 wrote:
The USC-Notre Dame series is an 80+ year tradition that is expected to continue.

Notre Dame expects to continue to play USC, Stanford and Navy, but its traditional games against Big Ten opponents Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue are in jeopardy, a source told Schad. The source said the Fighting Irish's planned series with Texas likely will be played.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... hockey-acc
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

maxduck wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
DAT#6 wrote:
The USC-Notre Dame series is an 80+ year tradition that is expected to continue.

Notre Dame expects to continue to play USC, Stanford and Navy, but its traditional games against Big Ten opponents Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue are in jeopardy, a source told Schad. The source said the Fighting Irish's planned series with Texas likely will be played.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... hockey-acc
well hell, thats not what the guy said on tv yesterday :?
chapelhillduck
Senior

Notre Damn to the ACC

Post by chapelhillduck »

From what i heard across reports on ESPN yesterday, ND also gets access to bowl games with ACC tie ins, except BCS games. Seems weird, I might be wrong
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'm curious what will happen if(hopefully not when) ND goes 5-0 against their ACC opponents and 2 crappy teams play in the ACC title game. Will ND feel slighted for not getting the extra game?
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

I doubt they'd drop USC. We're their biggest rival.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think they'd still want the west coast presence