i'm excited for basketball season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

i'm excited for basketball season

Post by oregontrack »

isn't that a nice feeling? looking forward to basketball season? we haven't had much of that since luke jackson left (or so). the '07 season was more or less a surprise, and while most certainly did look forward to the '08 season, we were met with mixed results.

while i was critical of our prospects of winning 25 or 26 games in that other thread, i absolutely think we can break the 20-win mark again, which hasn't happened in three consecutive seasons here in.................... well, a very, very long time. we have a lot of new pieces, but seeing how altman molds everything together has been half the fun last few years.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: i'm excited for basketball season

Post by Boom »

I think you're in the minority on this one.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I'm right there with you. But I've also been really excited for every season since Altman's been here ha. I love the guy & the way he coaches and this year it seems like we may be watching a young up & coming team that Altman can build around. Last year was supposed to be that year but of course just about everyone transferred. Either way you know the team is going to be very competitive & win a bunch of games they had no business winning. Can't wait to see how all the new guys fit in & how they come together as the season goes on. I love college basketball & after the dreadful last few years of EK tenure I;m very appreciative of what is going on under DA.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With Altman at the helm, I think the team will always be competitive, no matter how much turnover the roster has. This team may have some serious question marks, but I have faith that he'll devise a gameplan that will help disguise them enough to have a winning season.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

I get excited every year just because I'm a homer. I've watched so many really bad teams, even the last few years have been great :)
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Boom wrote:I think you're in the minority on this one.
you're not looking forward to the season?
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:
Boom wrote:I think you're in the minority on this one.
you're not looking forward to the season?
I can wait... Too spoiled by our FB team atm.

In general I just don't think there has been a lot of buzz for Oregon basketball.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Gotta admit, basketball was about the last thing on my mind until I read this post. My interest level will obviously rise when the basketball season starts, but I am in full football mode for now.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Basketball is my favorite sport. However it takes a
back seat to duck football at this time of year. I am
looking forward to the coming season but it will have to
wait. I have a few almost heart attacks to look forward to
in football to go.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

ah, didn't know it was an either/or.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:isn't that a nice feeling? looking forward to basketball season? we haven't had much of that since luke jackson left (or so). the '07 season was more or less a surprise, and while most certainly did look forward to the '08 season, we were met with mixed results.

while i was critical of our prospects of winning 25 or 26 games in that other thread, i absolutely think we can break the 20-win mark again, which hasn't happened in three consecutive seasons here in.................... well, a very, very long time. we have a lot of new pieces, but seeing how altman molds everything together has been half the fun last few years.
I'm excited for it, for the shear reason that it's Duck Basketball. I don't see a lot in this team although I do really like Emory and I'm excited to see what Artis can do but I can't help but to see us as mediocre, and only having more struggles next year with the lack of bigs, Waverly Austin was a huge help to try and quell that but we're still gonna be really thin. But no matter as I said it's Duck Basketball, how can't you be excited.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We lose a lot, but then again I don't think anyone projected getting as close to an NCAA tournament as we did last year.

It's always a good time, plus Artis is going to be a stud and one to watch.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Hopefully Tony Woods continues to develop. He is already a force on D.