First preseason game is in about a month!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

First preseason game is in about a month!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I really love how college basketball and college football overlap just a little bit, so that when football regular season is over, it's right to basketball. Love it.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: First preseason game is in about a month!

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm worried about SG, wish Branch had been cleared for 2 years. Our front court has the potential to be as good as we have had in a very long time, our PG and G though, will be the key to our season. Two true FR starting, there will be growing pains just hope they can D up.

Though I guess worse comes to worse, Singler can play the 2 and Emory can play 3 or vise versa.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i keep going back and forth on the issue. sometimes i think we should start EJ at the 2 and just go big (i think this argument holds more water if that rice transfer is eligible), but sometimes i think, hey, even if we do start artis and another frosh together, we still have three seniors in the same starting five. if dotson or richardson can knock down open shots, hey... why not. we're not planning a final four run anyway, and it would certainly pay off down the line.

who knows. altman will likely experiment liberally to see what works in the first two months.
ImageImageImageImageImage
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The other option is going with Emory at two, Rice transfer at 3 and Ej at 4 with woods. I'm guessing Altman figures it out, but two FR is a gamble in my mind at least. Not that there is a ton of great guards in the Pac 12 that can take full advantage of the FR. But I think this team can make a NCAA run, just have to figure this out.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

oregontrack wrote:i keep going back and forth on the issue. sometimes i think we should start EJ at the 2 and just go big (i think this argument holds more water if that rice transfer is eligible), but sometimes i think, hey, even if we do start artis and another frosh together, we still have three seniors in the same starting five. if dotson or richardson can knock down open shots, hey... why not. we're not planning a final four run anyway, and it would certainly pay off down the line.

who knows. altman will likely experiment liberally to see what works in the first two months.
Singler at the 2 has been mentioned as a legitimate possibility. I don't know how he would do defensively at that position, but our front court players are going to be big in help-defense. At this point I'm really hoping Kazemi is allowed his hardship waiver. That would allow us to go big and put Singler at the two more easily.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

midnight madness is friday night @ 8, after the volleyball game.
ImageImageImageImageImage