Interest in a Predictions Game for Basketball?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Interest in a Predictions Game for Basketball?

Post by Autzenoise »

I am wanting to see if anyone would want to do a predictions game, similar to what we do for football. If there is enough interest I will do it, and see about getting some prizes together for the winner, or maybe for the top 3 places. Just depends on interest and what I can get together.

Give me all your ideas if your interested, I would love all input.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Interest in a Predictions Game for Basketball?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Autzenoise wrote:I am wanting to see if anyone would want to do a predictions game, similar to what we do for football. If there is enough interest I will do it, and see about getting some prizes together for the winner, or maybe for the top 3 places. Just depends on interest and what I can get together.

Give me all your ideas if your interested, I would love all input.
Pac-12 basketball predictions? There's far too many games IMO. We'd have to just pick maybe like one game each week for each team? IDK exactly how we could do it, but we'd at least need to limit the number of games we have to predict. But I'd surely be interested.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Post by wvduck34 »

Would love to have a predictions contest week per week. The whole season would be a little too much for me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Once P12 play gets started we could do the week-to-week conf games easy enough but what about also doing a beta-run with the ooc schedule where you pick out 2-4 good matchups for each team so we wouldn't be overwhelmed each week of the preseason?
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

So far my thought is doing a max of 10 games a week. This will work out to be about half of the conference games . What do you guys think?
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

10 games sounds about right during non-conference schedules, then less during conference matchups. Rather than predicting scores think about maybe having us guess the margin of victory.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah 10 games a week would be good. Does it necessarily have to be a different team for each game? Or can we have potentially 2 or 3 games from the same team in a week?

BTW Autzen, if you think we got enough people, let me know. I'll invite people from facebook to join, and hopefully we can get a big showing. And I'll give out free prizes too. Something we can discuss once you finalize a sytsem.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeah 10 games a week would be good. Does it necessarily have to be a different team for each game? Or can we have potentially 2 or 3 games from the same team in a week?
I say go with the most interesting match-ups that feature a P12 team; if it happens that the poodles or cal end up having 2 games that week so be it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeah 10 games a week would be good. Does it necessarily have to be a different team for each game? Or can we have potentially 2 or 3 games from the same team in a week?
I say go with the most interesting match-ups that feature a P12 team; if it happens that the poodles or cal end up having 2 games that week so be it.
Fine by me, but I think every Oregon game should be included.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Fine by me, but I think every Oregon game should be included.
Idk if I could resist picking Houston Baptist though, especially a day after Dec 21st :lol:
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

I agree so far with always having Oregon games be picks, then I would just choose the most interesting games for the rest no matter what the team. Of course, if I am picking the games, that may not align with with what everyone would think.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Autzenoise wrote:I agree so far with always having Oregon games be picks, then I would just choose the most interesting games for the rest no matter what the team. Of course, if I am picking the games, that may not align with with what everyone would think.
Maybe you could pick the majority of the games, and then the week before, users could pick a couple games that weren't on your games of choice? IDK, but I'm sure we could meet in the middle if this is really an issue.

duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Autzenoise wrote:I agree so far with always having Oregon games be picks, then I would just choose the most interesting games for the rest no matter what the team. Of course, if I am picking the games, that may not align with with what everyone would think.
Maybe you could pick the majority of the games, and then the week before, users could pick a couple games that weren't on your games of choice? IDK, but I'm sure we could meet in the middle if this is really an issue.
Would be a lot of work, but take the top 3-4 each week from a poll the week before to set the games. TRhis may keep the majority happy.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Here are my thoughts so far, what do you guys think.

I will pick 10 games each week, to always include any Duck games, and the rest are what I feel are the most interesting. I will then pick one game each week where everyone will be able to guess the spread, and everyone that gets it correct gets an extra 2 points that week.

This should keep it fairly simple, and quick for everyone. I don't think anyone wants to spend 20 minutes giving predictions. This will also keep it somewhat simple for me.

Feedback is appreciated.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The last week of 2012 looks like it won't have a Duck game, fyi.

I like the set-up as you described. Once P12 play begins we should call each conf game since I think it will end up being only 1 or 2 extra games more.