Concordia @ Oregon (Preseason)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Concordia @ Oregon (Preseason)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Mon, Oct 29 Concordia (Ex.) Eugene, Ore. 7:00 p.m.

Woo! Basketball.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Concordia @ Oregon (Preseason)

Post by oregontrack »

i think i've decided that:

artis
singler
emory
kazemi/carter
woods

is our best starting 5, but if kazemi fails to gain eligibility, i'm fine with inserting carter in there. i just can't get myself to admit starting a second freshman alongside artis is the way to go. i'm not arguing singler is a prototypical 2-guard, but i think we're good enough defensively up front to justify giving up some defensive shortcomings we may encounter elsewhere. carter has a good mid-range game and he's supposed to be a solid passer, which altmanball thrives on from its big men. if kazemi isn't eligible, that still leaves us waverly and kuemper off the bench down low.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Less than a week away, I'm getting excited.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Is this the Concordia in Portland? I think they're NAIA.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

There is a thread going about the predictions also. I am starting a trial for next week to troubleshoot things on my end :) Thanks beforehand for anyone that helps me out and posts this week.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Basketball season is where I was really looking forward to the Pac12 Network. Damn you DirecTV.
AKA: CAgrown
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Post by wvduck34 »

Finally. Basketball!
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Ducks win 102-75 Ducks put six players in double figures led by Artis with 17 and singler did not play as he is resting his knees
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Watched a good chunk of the game online. Not a huge basketball aficionado, but the Ducks looked way better early than they have the last few years. There was still some sloppiness, but it seemed to be more of a team thing. Need some time to gel and play together. I love the fact that we have two competent big men AND two competent point guards. Waverly Austin isn't quite as athletic or aggressive as Woods, but his presence can definitely been felt on defense. Artis is a baller. He's the real deal.
GO DUCKS!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

knee-jerk reactions:

artis is legit. hot damn. he's going to do things with the basketball we haven't seen since ridnour. and he's a much better shooter than i was anticipating.

moore and dotson will both help immediately. active on both ends of the court, didn't look at all tentative.

woods and austin dominated a bunch of 6'6, skinny posts. that's better than not dominating a bunch of 6'6, skinny posts, but i'm still not entirely sure what we have with austin.

emory still can't shoot, but i still love him.

loyd looks like he developed a jumper.

starting 5: artis, loyd (lol), emory, austin, woods.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Didn't watch the game, but 2 bench guys that caught my eye from stats:
Dotson 11 points 10 rebounds 5 assists (5 for 11 shooting)
Moore 15 points 6 steals (6 for 12 shooting)

uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

oregontrack wrote:knee-jerk reactions:

artis is legit. hot damn. he's going to do things with the basketball we haven't seen since ridnour. and he's a much better shooter than i was anticipating.

moore and dotson will both help immediately. active on both ends of the court, didn't look at all tentative.

woods and austin dominated a bunch of 6'6, skinny posts. that's better than not dominating a bunch of 6'6, skinny posts, but i'm still not entirely sure what we have with austin.

emory still can't shoot, but i still love him.

loyd looks like he developed a jumper.

starting 5: artis, loyd (lol), emory, austin, woods.
Didn't see the entire game....

Artis looked great. Excellent ball handler, great court vision, and a surprisingly good shooter. Biggest issue for Artis will be turnovers. Sometimes he tries to do too much and likes to make flashy plays rather than the right ones. You could see this in his high school film. Still a very special player who will be a major contributor.

Dotson is going to be a really nice glue guy. He's kind of the jack of all trades. Really well-rounded player. Plays good D, very good rebounder for his size, can handle the ball, pass, and shoot from the perimeter. Not a great athlete, but has high basketball IQ.

Willie Moore is a much better athlete than I expected.

Hard to rate Waverly Austin's performance since he was going against guys who were 5-6 inches shorter. Good athlete, runs the floor well, good help defender/shot blocker, and has nice footwork on the offensive end. I have a feeling that Artis is going to build pretty good chemistry with Austin and Woods.

I think Dotson is going to be the player to watch closely this year. Seems like Dana Altman's type of player, very cerebral, well-rounded, plays hard, good defender.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Nice to hear...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Great to hear, especially about the young guys. Thanks for the analysis guys, I totally forgot about this one.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Was it even on tv?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!