#7 Oregon State @ UW

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

#7 Oregon State @ UW

Post by Greenblood »

The Beavers are a good team this year, though I don't think #7 good; they might only be about the fourth-best team in the conference. We'll find out some things before the Civil War when they host ASU (who will probably still be Sutton-less) and play at Stanford in November.

I actually have a hunch that the Huskies might put up a better battle when they host the Beavers this week than many probably think.
Last edited by Greenblood on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: #7 Oregon State @ UW

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I think Huskies upset. OSU is riding high, UW is riding low. Huskies do play well at home and beat a similar Stanford team earlier this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I think Huskies upset. OSU is riding high, UW is riding low. Huskies do play well at home and beat a similar Stanford team earlier this year.
^^^ This. I predict Beavs are buying into their #7 ranking & looking forward to the Duck game i.e. overlooking UW. I say UW beats them. The Beavs barely scraped past WSU and UW is going to be hungry for knocking somebody out of the top 10. UW will be salivating & really ready for this game.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

On the other hand, after 5-7 and 3-9 seasons I doubt the Beavers get overconfident. They should know the fine line between winning and losing.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Mannion is going to be back so that should boost their offense a little.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

I expect this to be a close game. So far this season, UW has played much better at home than on the road. I would love it if they lost on their trip to Boulder.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Stanford had no passing game to throw at the Huskies. With OSU that is their strength. I don't think that the Huskies will be able to run on OSU at all and Price will throw picks. I predict UW at less than 20, OSU more than 20.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OAC is a good team which means this might be their first game that isn't close in the 4th. I'm really not impressed with any aspect of the poodle team this season.
Ducks1
Three Star Recruit

Post by Ducks1 »

27-14 Beavers
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Duck07 wrote:OAC is a good team which means this might be their first game that isn't close in the 4th. I'm really not impressed with any aspect of the poodle team this season.

^^This. I'll go against the grain in this thread and say the Beavs win this without too much trouble. They'll be too much defensively for UW.
AKA: CAgrown