Bama vs. NFL

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duck55
Senior

Bama vs. NFL

Post by duck55 »

Steve Spurrier thinks the No. 1 team in college football right now is good enough to compete in the NFL.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-the-nfl/

Why stop there? Why not the SEC vs. the AFC? He really puts the Tide on a pedestal. Go Tigers!!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Bama vs. NFL

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lol

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

“Alabama, gosh, they look like they could beat a couple of those NFL teams that I’ve watched on Sundays,” Spurrier said. “I think a lot of the oddsmakers out there, that usually know what’s going on, I’d guess Alabama would be favored by a little bit.
Per Dan Patrick, Vegas has UA as a 24 1/2 point underdog to...Kansas City. GTFO of here with the idea that they could "compete" let alone do it for any considerable period of time. After 4 weeks that team would be so decimated by injuries it wouldn't be funny.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Though I'm sure he was joking, I remember people saying that crap back when Miami was in their hey day...no way a college team could hang with a pro team.

I hope we beat the hell out of the this week.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bud Lee wrote:Though I'm sure he was joking, I remember people saying that crap back when Miami was in their hey day...no way a college team could hang with a pro team.

Last time I remember this was when ESPN anointed USC and Reggie Bush as the greatest team of all time prior to their NC against Texas.

Again, to paraphrase DP.... Bama has a handful of NFL caliber players on its team but the Chiefs ENTIRE TEAM is NFL caliber.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegb2001 »

such a joke! sad thing is i have heard this as im sure u guys have too from sec fans over the years. that there best team could beat a bad nfl team. give me a break. while u have guys who will make it in the nfl, they are all former college stars and play in the nfl. most of the players on bama would dream just to get on a team like the chiefs.
and know i dont think he was joking.
sad thing is there is a poll now on espn asking this question. could bama beat an nfl team.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Though I'm sure he was joking, I remember people saying that crap back when Miami was in their hey day...no way a college team could hang with a pro team.

Last time I remember this was when ESPN anointed USC and Reggie Bush as the greatest team of all time prior to their NC against Texas.

Again, to paraphrase DP.... Bama has a handful of NFL caliber players on its team but the Chiefs ENTIRE TEAM is NFL caliber.
I'm not sure the ENTIRE Chiefs roster is NFL caliber...after all, at no point this season have they lead any of their games in regulation
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

alabamaduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

I'm not sure the ENTIRE Chiefs roster is NFL caliber...after all, at no point this season have they lead any of their games in regulation
:lol: hold now...hold on! There some very good LSU Tigers on that team...lets not pick at them too much.

Like I said earlier, people from Miami said this, USC said it, etc. People that are not too football smart are always going to say stuff like that, most are just them bragging on their team and don't truly believe it. Also, until I hear the "tone" in his voice, I'm going to go with he was being the old wise cracking ball coach that he has always been and now people are getting their panties in a wade. He is always good for a sound bite to get attention in a week that he shouldn't even be talked about. I mean hell, look at the words he choose and how he put it, sounds like he was just attempting a "folksy" joke in an attempt to mess with Saban to me.

Though got to say, this Bama squad is packed with talent. Everyone on that front line will be starters in the NFL. Kiki , Sam, and The Freak is going to have their work cut out for them.