#11 Oregon State @ #14 Stanford

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

#11 Oregon State @ #14 Stanford

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I guess we need to root for OSU. Hate to even think at the possibility of OSU beating us and going to the Rose Bowl and winning the Pac-12. Deep down inside, I want them to lose.

Honestly, Stanford winning would probably be fine too, since I ND is pretty much out of the picture for BCS imo.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: #11 Oregon State @ #14 Stanford

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think either winning is fine. If Stanford wins they'll be around 12 when we play them and OSU probably about 15. If OSU wins they'll be around 8 but stanford around 22.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Winner of this game controls their own destiny to the P12CG representing the North. True statement.
(but both have to go through Oregon, though)
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Stanford Wins:
Gameday at Autzen is a virtual lock
Oregon can clinch P12N with a win against Stanford
Dampens Civil War

Oregon State Wins:
Next week's game is dampened vs Stanford (still a chance at Gameday, though, with a really weak schedule)
ND's SOS drops
Since OSU should beat Cal the following week, Gameday is a virtual lock for Civil War in Corvallis
Civil War winner hosts P12CG
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Go Beavs. Keeping voters on our side is paramount. Even with a loss Stanford will still be Top 25, beating a Top 10 Beaver squad in a rivalry game will solidify our human support and score us big points with the computers.

Breaks my heart to say it, but I'll be a Beaver fan for a few hours. Call it, "enlightened self interest."
AKA: CAgrown
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Though I understand the sentiments for the Beavers in this game, I'll be rooting for the Cardinal. Since the result will be a wash for the Ducks' SOS and I no longer think ND is a factor for the BCS #2 spot if the Ducks keep winning, what I'd like to see, for the sake of the "resume" for the coaches' and Harris poll voters, on the Sunday after Thanksgiving is as many Duck opponents as possible in the BCS Top 25. Since the Beavers are currently three spots higher than the Cardinal, a close Cardinal win will ensure that both teams are fairly highly ranked, whereas if the Cardinal lose this week, then lose to the Ducks and then to the Bruins -- the last I think most of us would like to see happen, provided that the Bruins have already beaten the Trojans -- then the Cardinal would assuredly tumble out of the top 25 from their current #14 ranking. But if the Cardinal win this week, they might still remain ranked even if they lose the two thereafter. But the Beavers, even with a loss this week, would presumably be able to at least maintain their poll position for the CW.

And, as AM has already mentioned, a Stanford win over the Beavers would mean the Ducks would clinch the North with a win vs. Stanford next week. Though we have much greater designs for the Ducks this year than a "mere" division championship, I really like the idea of "checking off" that accomplishment even before the regular season is finished, plus the knowledge the Beavers would have going into the CW that there's nothing they can do to keep the Ducks out of the CCG.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Wouldn't a Stanford loss somewhat diminish Notre Dame, which would also diminish Oklahoma, which would in turn diminish Kansas State?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

pezsez1 wrote:Wouldn't a Stanford loss somewhat diminish Notre Dame, which would also diminish Oklahoma, which would in turn diminish Kansas State?
It is like a loss within a loss within a loss....lossception.

To me its simple, you want little brother to win and come into the civil war as a top 7-10 team to give you a quality win against a top 10 opponent, something that unless I'm mistaking you don't have yet. And since the computers love OSU it would give you a big boost.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

It's close enough to being a wash that I just hope the beavers lose.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Bud Lee wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Wouldn't a Stanford loss somewhat diminish Notre Dame, which would also diminish Oklahoma, which would in turn diminish Kansas State?
It is like a loss within a loss within a loss....lossception.

To me its simple, you want little brother to win and come into the civil war as a top 7-10 team to give you a quality win against a top 10 opponent, something that unless I'm mistaking you don't have yet. And since the computers love OSU it would give you a big boost.
Agreed. A Stanford win doesn not make them a top 10 team. We want OS in pristine condition and then to obliterate them in the civil war.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I see the beavs winning this one.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Beavs overcome Furd scoring the first 14 - lead now 17-14 in the 3rd.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

The furd wins we clinch north with win over furd next week
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well hopefully this will allow Stanford to stay in the polls by seasons end and that OAC doesn't drop too far before playing us. We've got to take the SEC stance and just talk about how this proves conference parity. Besides, two teen-ranked teams playing a close doesn't look bad for the P12.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:The one time I actually root for OSU and they lose....
Do it again for the Civil War.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13