Vanderbilt @ Oregon (W 74-48)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: Vanderbilt @ Oregon (Friday 8pm pst)

Post by Boom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I'm LOVING this zone defense right now! Great defense! This team is looking good so far!
Lots of length out there
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kazemi is a tough rebounder and hustles like crazy. Nice to see him rewarded on he alley-oop. Ducks are playing well tonight.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Kazemi is a beast. Boxes out on rebounds, is playing solid defense, knows how to cut to the basket. Kind of reminds me of a more versatile version of Olu (though probably not quite as athletic).

Really impressed with Dotson.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

ducks win by 26
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nice early season showing from this young team. They still need to find a way to come out faster out of halftime since they seem to struggle scoring in the 2nd half. Singler is definitely the engine of this team.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

It remains to be seen how bad Vandy really is this year, but I am definitely feeling a little more optimistic about this season after tonight regardless. This is a pretty solid and deep rotation with Kazemi in the mix.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Didn't see much of tonight's game since I was watching the blazers, but the part's I did see they looked good in (espically Tony and E.J.)
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the amazing thing is we missed a myriad of open jumpers, and waverly put on a clinic on missing point-blank lay ins. if you want to spin it our way, this 26 point win could have been much, much worse.

still don't like loyd starting, although obviously with altman's substitution patterns it doesn't really matter... i imagine kazemi will replace him in time.

i think we need artis, singler, or woods out there at all times. things get way too stagnent without them. i think we had loyd/dotson/emory/carter/waverly out there a couple times, and nice/complimentary players all, it was just a lot of passing and settling for bad shots.

emory's dunk was #6 on sportscenter.

holding any bcs-conference team to under 50 means you're doing something right.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Vanderbilt @ Oregon (W 74-48)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Vandy lost at Davidson, then Vandy lost at home to MARIST, 33-50. So this win won't mean anything. Bummer, way hoping it could be a decent non-conference win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13