Oregon @ #18 UNLV (W 83-79)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Oregon @ #18 UNLV (Friday 6pm pst)

Post by Duck24 »

pudgejeff wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
uostudent wrote:Oregon will play Cincinnati tomorrow at 7:30.

Doug Gottlieb is one of the best announcers in the business btw.

Really? I can't disagree with you more. The guy is a blow hard who is in love with himself.
I agree with UOstodent, it was nice to have an announcer that not only knew as much about basketball as I do, but quite a bit more. Didn't have to deal with all the worthless, needless things that are usually said.
I thought Gottlieb did a great job with the nuances (playing against the zone, breaking the press etc) of the game but the overall broadcast was brought down by the other two jerkoffs who he was announcing with. Those guys were unbearable. Gottlieb was the only one willing to criticize UNLV. The other two guys spent half the time trying to justify Bryce Jones incredible 100% rate of shooting EVERY time he touched the ball.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ #18 UNLV (Friday 6pm pst)

Post by oregontrack »

gottlieb the announcer is okay, gottlieb the radio personality is unbearable. he's fine is he's watching something unfold and can break it down, give him two hours to riff on the sports landscape at large and it turns to nonsense. he earns kudos for supporting oregon's ncaa chances all of last season.

not only did we win a game i didn't think we would, we did it with freshmen leading the charge. 44 of 83 points scored by artis, dotson, kuemper, and carter? not too shabby.
ImageImageImageImageImage