3.7 Earthquake in South Washington

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Anyone feel it?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Re: 3.7 Earthquake in South Washington

Post by ducksvb6 »

LOL. 3.7 would only get a passing mention on the news down here in SoCal. SF Loma Prieta and Northridge were in the 7 range.

I was siting in a Southwest Airline 737 about to push out of the gate in SF for the Loma Prieta. Add the plane suspension to the rocking and rolling and it was real excitement. We initially though we were hit by another plane.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ducksvb6 wrote:LOL. 3.7 would only get a passing mention on the news down here in SoCal. SF Loma Prieta and Northridge were in the 7 range.

I was siting in a Southwest Airline 737 about to push out of the gate in SF for the Loma Prieta. Add the plane suspension to the rocking and rolling and it was real excitement. We initially though we were hit by another plane.
No doubt. You really should come to Portland during the winter time. News stations go crazy when it almost snows here.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I felt it. It didn't last very long, but it was more noticeable than a lot of the tremors that get reported in the area.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I live on the coast and my weather radio didn't even go off for the 5.3 tuesday night. Anything above 6 on the coast concerns me due to the old bridges, trees etc. 7 would be really bad and I don't want to think about 8 and how many people would ide.