Colorado @ Oregon (L 48-49)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Re: Colorado @ Oregon (Thursday 7pm pst)

Post by uostudent »

This is on Altman. How the hell can you play someone as bad as Loyd for 30+ minutes? Loyd is pathetic
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

terrible execution down the stretch
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Colorado @ Oregon (Thursday 7pm pst)

Post by duckduckgoose »

Kyle's Brother wrote:You'd think Loyd would just be in the gym all day, every day, shooting hundreds and hundreds of jump shots and threes. I don't get how you can be a 5'8 division 1 player without a shot. His defense has been outstanding though, and he's taking care of the ball. He really needs to never shoot, though.
Geez if you have ever shot a basketball in your life you would know its pretty hard if you have a messed up thumb on your shooting hand. Give the guy a break, he is playing injured.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

uostudent wrote:This is on Altman. How the hell can you play someone as bad as Loyd for 30+ minutes? Loyd is pathetic
How can they not even get a good shot off coming off the timeout. This is definitely on Altman for not figuring out how to get the offense going again. 3rd straight loss without Artis is the sign of not being able to weather one injury. No wonder I barely watched any of this one.
Last edited by greenyellow on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Is it football season yet?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This team stinks. I wish Loyd would transfer.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That was complete garbage, no excuse for losing that one. Lead the whole game then literally give it away in the last minute. Ridiculous that this team can't get out of its own way because one freshman is out. Singler, along with everyone besides Kazemi looks awful.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

greenyellow wrote:
uostudent wrote:This is on Altman. How the hell can you play someone as bad as Loyd for 30+ minutes? Loyd is pathetic
How can they not even get a good shot off coming off the timeout. This is definitely on Altman for not figuring out how to get the offense going again. 3rd straight loss without Artis is the sign of not being able to weather one injury.
Its EK re-visited...What a bonehead time to call a freakin time out....8 seconds left? c'mon......Ernie had an uncanny knack to call time outs at crazy ass times...And Altman just did the same thing....Game outcome may or may not have changed.....but...I hate that time outs can be called from the bench....Keep it on the floor.....Maybe we should just hope for any early spring......"game"....Go Duck Football
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This is why I didn't watch. They are horrendous without Artis.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Yeah, and has anyone ever seen Singler come up 5 feet short on a 15 foot shot??? Clearly hacked. Horrible no-call. Shows, however, how important a good point guard is needed, which the Ducks don't have right now.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:That was complete garbage, no excuse for losing that one. Lead the whole game then literally give it away in the last minute. Ridiculous that this team can't get out of its own way because one freshman is out. Singler, along with everyone besides Kazemi looks awful.
I swear that I believe Singler played better ball as an underclassman, that he has as a Senior....
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:You'd think Loyd would just be in the gym all day, every day, shooting hundreds and hundreds of jump shots and threes. I don't get how you can be a 5'8 division 1 player without a shot. His defense has been outstanding though, and he's taking care of the ball. He really needs to never shoot, though.
Geez if you have ever shot a basketball in your life you would know its pretty hard if you have a messed up thumb on your shooting hand. Give the guy a break, he is playing injured.

Why is he taking 8 shots if his thumb is what's making him shoot so poorly?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This is on Altman. This spread offense he's running is horrible. The screens are horrible and the spacing is so bad. No aggressive play.
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

So effin irritated right now. I bought into this team and now they are a complete choke job. 4 minutes without a bucket!!!!!!!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Everythingsducky wrote:Yeah, and has anyone ever seen Singler come up 5 feet short on a 15 foot shot??? Clearly hacked. Horrible no-call. Shows, however, how important a good point guard is needed, which the Ducks don't have right now.
Definite foul, for sure...but..ya cant count on them being called....Especially with P12 refs