Colorado @ Oregon (L 48-49)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Colorado @ Oregon (Thursday 7pm pst)

Post by duckgrad99 »

I said they would lose if they play like the last few games and they did. No tournament if this continues much longer.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Willie Moore isn't a point guard, but neither is Loyd. When Moore is on the court, opposing defenders guard him.

When Loyd is on the court, it's 4 on 5.

For people blaming Loyd's thumb injury.....he has always sucked. Look at his career numbers

3.9 PPG 2.6 Assists 1.5 TO 33.1 FG% 28.0 3PT% 69.4 FT%

Find me a worse scholarship player who plays over 10 minutes per game on a tournament team.

You won't.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

uostudent wrote:This is on Altman. How the hell can you play someone as bad as Loyd for 30+ minutes? Loyd is pathetic
Maybe you could suit up and play. Any elgibility left? Obviously if there was a better option loyd would be on the pine, there isn't. Artis will be back and the team will be back to a solid unit.

Bad no-call on the last play, Singler got fouled.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rentdodger1 wrote:
uostudent wrote:This is on Altman. How the hell can you play someone as bad as Loyd for 30+ minutes? Loyd is pathetic
Maybe you could suit up and play. Any elgibility left? Obviously if there was a better option loyd would be on the pine, there isn't. Artis will be back and the team will be back to a solid unit.

Loyd wasn't looking this bad before Artis' injury but now that he actually goes against starters, his deficiencies are more noticeable than ever.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

rentdodger1 wrote:

Yeah, I am not gonna rag on Lloyd too much...I played against some pine splinter team members back in the early to mid-seventies....and, even though they didn't see many if any minutes, they still royally kicked my ass on the court...Of course, that was at The Pitt.....
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

How the stripes only get Colorado for 7 fouls the entire game is beyond me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

With the exception of the consisent Kazemi, everyone else is playing like crap. Artis makes a big difference, but that is still no excuse for the entire team to stink it up.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Colorado @ Oregon (Thursday 7pm pst)

Post by duckduckgoose »

Kyle's Brother wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:You'd think Loyd would just be in the gym all day, every day, shooting hundreds and hundreds of jump shots and threes. I don't get how you can be a 5'8 division 1 player without a shot. His defense has been outstanding though, and he's taking care of the ball. He really needs to never shoot, though.
Geez if you have ever shot a basketball in your life you would know its pretty hard if you have a messed up thumb on your shooting hand. Give the guy a break, he is playing injured.

Why is he taking 8 shots if his thumb is what's making him shoot so poorly?
At least 3 of them were with the shot clock running out. What should he do pass it off and get a shot clock violation?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Robstu wrote:How the stripes only get Colorado for 7 fouls the entire game is beyond me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
It doesn't help when they just dribble and pass the ball and then throw up a desperation shot. The team looks lost without their normal rotation out there.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I love Emory's dunks as much as the next guy, but am wishing he would develop better judgement on when to go for the highlight reel, and when to settle for a sure lay-up.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:You'd think Loyd would just be in the gym all day, every day, shooting hundreds and hundreds of jump shots and threes. I don't get how you can be a 5'8 division 1 player without a shot. His defense has been outstanding though, and he's taking care of the ball. He really needs to never shoot, though.
Geez if you have ever shot a basketball in your life you would know its pretty hard if you have a messed up thumb on your shooting hand. Give the guy a break, he is playing injured.

At least 3 of them were with the shot clock running out. What should he do pass it off and get a shot clock violation?
That's on Loyd. He is lost out on the court. Doesn't know how to run an offense.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

uostudent wrote:Willie Moore isn't a point guard, but neither is Loyd. When Moore is on the court, opposing defenders guard him.

When Loyd is on the court, it's 4 on 5.

For people blaming Loyd's thumb injury.....he has always sucked. Look at his career numbers

3.9 PPG 2.6 Assists 1.5 TO 33.1 FG% 28.0 3PT% 69.4 FT%

Find me a worse scholarship player who plays over 10 minutes per game on a tournament team.

You won't.
They guard him because he is a Freshman, and they even double up on him to try to force a turnover. I don't really think opposing D's are worried about his scoring.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

ducksrock wrote:
rentdodger1 wrote:

Yeah, I am not gonna rag on Lloyd too much...I played against some pine splinter team members back in the early to mid-seventies....and, even though they didn't see many if any minutes, they still royally kicked my ass on the court...Of course, that was at The Pitt.....
Me too, Same time period, probably the same games. Had the pleasure of getting lit up more than a few times.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

That's on Loyd. He is lost out on the court. Doesn't know how to run an offense.
How he keeps ending up with the ball at the end of shot clocks is just mind-blowing. EJ or Carlos need to take control of this rudderless team and carry the offense. Artis can't get back fast enough.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Loyd being able to light us up isn't the point. He still isn't pac-12 material.