Colorado @ Oregon (L 48-49)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Colorado @ Oregon (Thursday 7pm pst)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Yes, Loyd is not Artis, we all know that, however he is a different PG than Artis. The spread offense does not suit Loyd. Loyd is an energetic player who loves to drive and pass or score a layup if the defense leaves him open. The spread offense is much better with a PG who has an outside threat. Altman has done nothing to change the offense since Artis's injury.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:Loyd being able to light us up isn't the point. He still isn't pac-12 material.
He was serviceable to back-up Artis and get him some rest for 5-10 minutes, but at 30 minutes now, he is not Pac-12 quality. Not having Artis is also impacting Dotson since the driving lanes are clogged with defenders sagging off Loyd. Dotson has been pretty quiet as of late since there's no room for him to create his drives and pull-up mid-range jumpers.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

duckgrad99 wrote:Loyd being able to light us up isn't the point. He still isn't pac-12 material.
This. I don't know why anyone is defending him. I'm not attacking his character. He seems like a nice guy and a hard worker. He's also a good student. The problem is, he's a terrible basketball player and has been ever since he arrived at Oregon. Not everyone pans out. Loyd is a bust.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

uostudent wrote:
This. I don't know why anyone is defending him. I'm not attacking his character. He seems like a nice guy and a hard worker. He's also a good student. The problem is, he's a terrible basketball player and has been ever since he arrived at Oregon. Not everyone pans out. Loyd is a bust.
Only thing he's good at somewhat is defense since he has active hands and is willing to take charges when necessary. Only problem is he's easy to shoot over if he doesn't get out on his man fast enough.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

1 assist from Loyd tonight. As for the team as a whole, get to the freaking free throw line. 2 attempts. Are you kidding me?
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

woundedknees wrote:I love Emory's dunks as much as the next guy, but am wishing he would develop better judgement on when to go for the highlight reel, and when to settle for a sure lay-up.
i am wondering if im the only guy who cant stand Emory on the floor? i used to root for him just because i used to hang out with him before one of my friends left Eugene. But now i realize the only thing he can really do is dunk and knock down a jumper every once in a while. If he doesn't get a sportscenter top ten dunk he misses it and he turns the ball over all the time - especially in crunch time. He had back to back TERRIBLE turnovers tonight under 3 minutes. Bonehead play after bonehead play. i dont know if he is smoking that pot IN-season but the man has a major habbit in the off season. im sure that habbit has no effect on his play. But i do love his passion for the game, and he is a cool dude, and if you judge someone for smoking weed <<<<<<

so pissed we lost this game and three in a row. Its amazing how much of a difference Artis makes - its also amazing how loyd actually looked solid in his backup role when he is NOT. Still can wait to go to my first game this year this weekend. Go Ducks
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

greenyellow wrote:
uostudent wrote:
Only thing he's good at somewhat is defense since he has active hands and is willing to take charges when necessary. Only problem is he's easy to shoot over if he doesn't get out on his man fast enough.
He moves his feet well but unfortunately his size prohibits him for being a good defender. He plays hard on the defensive end but isn't the defender that people (i.e. basketball announcers) make him out to be. They have to say something positive about him.

To quote John Wooden, "Never mistake activity for achievement"
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think it may be time for Singler to be the PG if Artis can't go against Utah. According to an article from OLive, he's the 4th string PG, behind Loyd and Moore, but at this point, Altman should try it since can't hurt. At least they cut down on their turnovers somewhat, but they were having costly ones in the waning minutes.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... ducks.html
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Colorado @ Oregon (Thursday 7pm pst)

Post by duckduckgoose »

uostudent wrote:
I defend him because he is a Duck. It seems in the Internet age that doesn't seem to matter anymore. It bothers me that 'fans' that three games ago were talking about how great this team is are now sitting here calling out all the players and the coach. Fair weather anyone?
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

uostudent wrote:

Pan out? The guy is playing way outside his role. He is a bench player that is being forced to play outside his capabilities. Injuries happen. This team isn't deep enough to absorb an injury to a player like Artis.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
uostudent wrote:
I defend him because he is a Duck. It seems in the Internet age that doesn't seem to matter anymore. It bothers me that 'fans' that three games ago were talking about how great this team is are now sitting here calling out all the players and the coach. Fair weather anyone?

Well it's difficult to take and losing sucks. It really toys with your emotions when a team looks good and is rolling and then looks like the worst team in the country.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

greenyellow wrote:
He was serviceable to back-up Artis and get him some rest for 5-10 minutes, but at 30 minutes now, he is not Pac-12 quality. Not having Artis is also impacting Dotson since the driving lanes are clogged with defenders sagging off Loyd. Dotson has been pretty quiet as of late since there's no room for him to create his drives and pull-up mid-range jumpers.
Right on the money
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Personally, I disagree. I don't think Loyd was any more serviceable as a backup. He would still turn the ball over, look lost, etc. Energy doesn't make up for lack of talent.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
uostudent wrote:

Well it's difficult to take and losing sucks. It really toys with your emotions when a team looks good and is rolling and then looks like the worst team in the country.
+1. This team now looks like the Beavers do most nights: confused, mistake-prone, and just chucking shots at the end of shot clocks. They don't have the same killer instinct and confidence anymore. This really starting to look like the 2004, where Aaron Brooks broke his hand and left the team without an adequate PG (James Davis at PG still makes me shudder.) The team was forced to rely on Luke Jackson and Andre Joseph for all their offense and it limped through much of the season until Brooks got back to make a deep run in the NIT.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Listen guys, there are many different types of offenses in basketball, and no PG is suited for them all. It's important that each starting PG have a coach who runs an offense that fits his style, but while Loyd is staring with Artis's injury, he's not getting that. Loyd is not meant for the spread offense! When will you guys get that? Artis is meant for that offense though. Altman has made no adjustments since Artis's injury and that is disappointing for me. Loyd is not a perimeter PG, he's an energy PG who wants to drive, kick out, and pass to active teammates. First thing Altman needs to do before changing this offense, is teach the bigs how to set a screen and teach the guards how to roll off a screen. Watch their screens, they're pathetic. I've seen better screens in YMCA kids basketball.