Utah @ Oregon (W 73-64)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Utah @ Oregon (Saturday 5 pm pst)

Post by gofightingducks »

OregonFan4Life wrote:This is pathetic. Everyone looks lost on offense and they have NO confidence. Not confident Oregon will win this game.
The Utes ate terrible, pretty pathetic to lose at home to them, this team is done, they may not win another game this season, so much for making the tournament. Pretty amazing the difference one player makes, also pretty amazing how terrible Lloyd is
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

it can't be just artist it can't be. But then again since J. Loyd is not an offensive threat it is like playing zone defense against 4 players instead of 5. I wish singler was a little faster off the dribble....
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Chris Hansen ‏@cthansen2001
The last time the Utes held a team to 22 points in the first half was their season opener ... against Willamette.
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

And what happened to our Twin towers?? Tony and Waverly have been doing nothing..
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

maxduck wrote:Chris Hansen ‏@cthansen2001
The last time the Utes held a team to 22 points in the first half was their season opener ... against Willamette.
Willamette!? As in Willamette here in oregon?? Good gravey this is bad....
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

for being broadcast on the pac-12 network, the halftime analysts seem completely dumbfounded as to why oregon is struggling. "aren't they the #19 team in the country?? why can't they score??"

time to go no point guard. i'm not going to make fun of him here, i'm not saying he's responsible for all of our problems, but it's time.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gofightingducks wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:This is pathetic. Everyone looks lost on offense and they have NO confidence. Not confident Oregon will win this game.
The Utes ate terrible, pretty pathetic to lose at home to them, this team is done, they may not win another game this season, so much for making the tournament. Pretty amazing the difference one player makes, also pretty amazing how terrible Lloyd is
Agreed. Altman just hasn't gotten enough talent on the team to withstand even one injury. There should be a better backup PG on this team. That doesn't look to be changing next year either since he didn't really recruit a new PG.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Diehardduckfan wrote:it can't be just artist it can't be. But then again since J. Loyd is not an offensive threat it is like playing zone defense against 4 players instead of 5. I wish singler was a little faster off the dribble....
And unfortanetely Kazemi can't score outside of 2 feet, then Singler is incredible sloppy, and Dotson has no confidence. It all starts with movement, and as of late there has been no movement. Earlier I saw Woods get the ball down low and he was immediately doubled and Dotson was wide open at the three point line and Dotson just stood there. Why didn't Dotson cut to the hoop?! Would've been an easy bucket for him. That right there is the biggest problem with the offense and why they aren't getting any easy shots which is why they can hardly make anything.
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

greenyellow wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:
Agreed. Altman just hasn't gotten enough talent on the team to withstand even one injury. There should be a better backup PG on this team. That doesn't look to be changing next year either since he didn't really recruit a new PG.
Well obviously he needs to start recuiting another one, another JC one hopefully who is ready to go. I don't see willie moore developing into a great one. He sure does love that running bank shot.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Diehardduckfan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:
Well obviously he needs to start recuiting another one, another JC one hopefully who is ready to go. I don't see willie moore developing into a great one. He sure does love that running bank shot.
Moore has a bright future as a SG, but not a PG. and I'm tired of the excuse "Altman doesn't have enough talent". Oh and Colorado and Utah has more? This offense is nothing right now, yeah Artis would help, but it's not like Artis is the only reason this team is aweful on offense right now.
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Diehardduckfan wrote:it can't be just artist it can't be. But then again since J. Loyd is not an offensive threat it is like playing zone defense against 4 players instead of 5. I wish singler was a little faster off the dribble....
And unfortanetely Kazemi can't score outside of 2 feet, then Singler is incredible sloppy, and Dotson has no confidence. It all starts with movement, and as of late there has been no movement. Earlier I saw Woods get the ball down low and he was immediately doubled and Dotson was wide open at the three point line and Dotson just stood there. Why didn't Dotson cut to the hoop?! Would've been an easy bucket for him. That right there is the biggest problem with the offense and why they aren't getting any easy shots which is why they can hardly make anything.
And historically Altman has had adjustments like this nailed down... What is going on here...... Remember the team that beat UCLA down in westwood and Travis Ware said: "That is a good basketball team" What happened to that team?! What is going on! The only difference is Artist, but again it can't be just him.....
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Unfortunately Altman seems to have a soft spot for underdogs, and an even softer spot for Loyd.

But at the same time, he probably expected to have Bruce Barron on the team at this point.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kyle's Brother wrote:Unfortunately Altman seems to have a soft spot for underdogs, and an even softer spot for Loyd.

But at the same time, he probably expected to have Bruce Barron on the team at this point.
I'm looking at the recruits they signed for next year and only Jordan Bell and Abdul-Bassit seem to have any offers from other D1 schools. That right there shows Altman is taking some risks with players that aren't really being recruited by other schools that heavily, especially those from major conferences and top mid-majors.
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Diehardduckfan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:
Moore has a bright future as a SG, but not a PG. and I'm tired of the excuse "Altman doesn't have enough talent". Oh and Colorado and Utah has more? This offense is nothing right now, yeah Artis would help, but it's not like Artis is the only reason this team is aweful on offense right now.

But we need another point guard which is a talent few have. Sooo Altman should recruit another point guard. There is plenty of time remember how late we picked up Waverly. I'm sure he has already seen this and is on it.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Wow Loyd got hacked and Emory is lost.