Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Tyree

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25xy63YbvME

Baller. Really helps out bball class too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Tyree

Post by oregontrack »

i'm going to have to wait until one of these dual-sport athletes actually scores a bucket for us before getting too excited.
ImageImageImageImageImage
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

oregontrack wrote:i'm going to have to wait until one of these dual-sport athletes actually scores a bucket for us before getting too excited.
+1
but that tape is damn impressive
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

some are saying that he plays like Terrance Ross. hmm
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yeah, I was just thinking, how many athletes can you think of that have been really good in both basketball and football at the college level? Not saying it cannot happen, it's just rare.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Yeah, I was just thinking, how many athletes can you think of that have been really good in both basketball and football at the college level? Not saying it cannot happen, it's just rare.
It really allows for us to give a TON of credit to Jordan Kent for being a 3-sport athlete. He may not have been dominant in any of them but he clearly showed competency at the D1 level and beyond.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

that said, we're going to have to play a ton of small ball next year with the lack of competent big men we have coming back. with our frontcourt being so packed this year, armstead was never going to do squat, and most of us knew that well before they announced his redshirt. i do think there will be some available minutes for one of the twins, should they deserve it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:i'm going to have to wait until one of these dual-sport athletes actually scores a bucket for us before getting too excited.
But honestly, Tyree is a nationally sought after bball player. More so than any other dual-sport athlete I can think of.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Methinks Tony Gonzalez did ok...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
But honestly, Tyree is a nationally sought after bball player. More so than any other dual-sport athlete I can think of.
About the same as Pryor.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Yup, I think Tyree's future may actually be in basketball. He's a legitimately really good basketball recruit, particularly if he gives up football. Tyrell is a much better football player.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

uostudent wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Yup, I think Tyree's future may actually be in basketball. He's a legitimately really good basketball recruit, particularly if he gives up football. Tyrell is a much better football player.
I seriously doubt that he has NBA potential... football gives him the best chance to go pro.
303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

Antonio Gates was good at both as well.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

These two played football and basketball and won the Heisman trophy:

Terry Baker-Oregon St-Heisman and played in an NCAA final four
Charlie Ward-Florida St-Heisman and played for the Knicks

Danny Ainge would have been highly recruited as a receiver he was that good
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
About the same as Pryor.
I meant more than any other dual-sport athlete at Oregon. Obviously there's been better 2 sport athletes. Charlie Ward being one of my favorites.

But yeah, at Oregon that is.