Oregon @ Washington (W 65-52)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon @ Washington (W 65-52)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wed, Feb 13 Washington * - - Seattle, Wash. 8:00 p.m.
ESPN2

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Wed 8pm pst)

Post by oregontrack »

along with the bay area, one of our biggest house of horrors. a freshman by the name of luke jackson recorded a triple double in hec ed in 2001 to lead oregon to a victory, and then we didn't win another game up there until 2010.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Artis may play, which could give the team a boost. If he does play, I doubt it would be a ton of minutes though. Even though UW is very inconsistent, I still think this will be a very tough game. Can't put together a half like the 1st half vs. Utah against them on the road.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think we lose this one, with or without Artis.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

duckgrad99 wrote:I think we lose this one, with or without Artis.
Honestly, I don't know how much of an impact Artis can make in his first game back. I think Oregon can win, but this will definitely be a challenging game. UW had an absolutely absurd amount of turnovers in our last meeting, and that helped mitigate our own turnover issues. I doubt they will struggle that badly with turnovers again.

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Arizona just lose at home to Cal. It's nice to be involved in important games for a change!
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

this game just became bigger as Arizona just lost to cal and we are back in a tie for 1st
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This will be a big game and Washington will be ready for revenge. Hopefully Artis will be back and will have a big impact. I must say, when it comes to the college basketball regular season, nothing is more rewarding than seeing Oregon beat Washington on the road. It seems pretty rare and I just love seeing their barking fans and obnoxious student fans be silenced by Oregon.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i thought their bench hurt us the most. we had no answer for andrew andrews, and kemp junior, i think, was a perfect 5/5 from the floor. wilcox and suggs took a lot of shots to get their points, and gaddy was a turnover machine + didn't start going off until very late.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

oregontrack wrote:i thought their bench hurt us the most. we had no answer for andrew andrews, and kemp junior, i think, was a perfect 5/5 from the floor. wilcox and suggs took a lot of shots to get their points, and gaddy was a turnover machine + didn't start going off until very late.
I don't remember if it was you or uostudent, but one of you had been talking about Andrew Andrews for a long time, and man he definitely delivered vs. Oregon. Really good shooter that can make it from beyond the arc and do damage in the mid-range game.

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This is one of Washington's weaker teams, but there is just something about that building that gives us fits. College basketball has been so crazy this year, so it's difficult to predict results anymore.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Adam Jude of The Oregonian was tweeting that Artis was still in a walking boot at practice today. It's looking like he's going to be out another week, which is kind of scaring with the WA schools coming up.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

greenyellow wrote:Adam Jude of The Oregonian was tweeting that Artis was still in a walking boot at practice today. It's looking like he's going to be out another week, which is kind of scaring with the WA schools coming up.
Doesn't surprise me. His long-term health is more important than these games, and foot injuries can get very bad if they aren't properly healed.

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Sucks about Artis...on a side note Huck the Fuskies!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah rough to hear Artis will be out this week. It's hard to see us sweeping without him, but I really hope we can. No reason we shouldn't beat Wazzu, but the way we are playing, who knows.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13