Oregon @ Washington (W 65-52)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Wed 8pm pst)

Post by woundedknees »

On 95.3 this afternoon, Prehm and Tannen were out sick, but the stand-in said something to the effect that Altman wants to take extra care with Artis recovery, especially since it is a freshman foot injury, to make sure his future as a Duck is not jeopardized. Even when he returns, it will likely be limited duty, at first.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I understand about wanting to protect your freshman point guard, but given the situation I would strongly reconsider bringing Artis back slowly. If Altman thinks we are going to get buy the remainder of the season with just Loyd he is crazy. Besides, this team is currently tied for first place and trying to get into the tourny. Not something that has happened often with this program of late. These guys will have like 6 months to rest once the season is over.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:I understand about wanting to protect your freshman point guard, but given the situation I would strongly reconsider bringing Artis back slowly. If Altman thinks we are going to get buy the remainder of the season with just Loyd he is crazy. Besides, this team is currently tied for first place and trying to get into the tourny. Not something that has happened often with this program of late. These guys will have like 6 months to rest once the season is over.
But we don't know the severity of the injury so risking long-term injury for short-term gain is not something Altman should consider. Best case example of what foot injuries can do to one's career is Bill Walton. He played with numerous foot injuries and it severely limited his career afterward. I say better him get completely healthy for the rest of the season than get only partially healthy and hurt himself again for the remaining season.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Sounds like Artis is gonna be out again this week. That makes me a saaaaaad panda :(
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Post by wvduck34 »

At this point I would rather they mothball Artis till they are sure he's totally healthy. There is nothing
worse than bringing a player before he's back. It could ruin not only his college career but his future.
If it hurts our chances at getting an NCAA birth then so be it. And I don't see how Altman doesn't
recruit a JC point guard this recruiting cycle. We are skint!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Not feeling to confident about this game, but more winnable than almost all the other times we head into Seattle to play the Huskies.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

How lucky are the Fuskies to avoid playing against Artis both times? I swear their basketball team is the luckiest team in the Pac-12.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

probably not lucky at all, considering we beat them without artis.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

duckfan96 wrote:Sucks about Artis...on a side note Huck the Fuskies!
I agree 100%....Huck the Fuskies.....Win or Lose.....Huck the Fuskies
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

about 15 min till tip, the baylor/west virginia game still has over 10 minutes to go. that's not a good sign.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we're already off to a bad start, walton is calling the game.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

8-4 ducks, 1st media timeout.

got off to a nice 7-0 start. loyd loyd'd (how have we not turned that into a verb yet?) a pass out of bounds, but the offense has looked crisp so far and when we aren't giving up easy backdoor passes, the defense is making the huskies work.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

12-6, second media timeout.

well, we look better than washington has thus far. i really wish we could put the ball in the bucket to put some distance between us while u-dub is shooting 22% from the floor. that probably won't last.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

if anyone can make a .gif of loyd fumbling the ball for no reason and losing it to gaddy i'll make it my new sig.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

18-15, 3rd media timeout.

dotson looks like he's shaken up. he hasn't hit rim on any of his shots yet so make getting his bell rung will actually set something right upstairs.

at this point loyd, woods, and austin are just hurting us. time to go small with kazemi and carter at the 5.