All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Wed 8pm pst)

Post by Phenom »

I hope Loyd is okay.

Good win tonight, team!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nice solid win that was really only close in the first half. Oregon played good defense and got enough offense to keep a nice cushion for the most of the game. Hope Loyd is okay and can play against WSU.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Oregon @ Washington (Wed 8pm pst)

Post by OreDucks01284 »

greenyellow wrote:Crud. Loyd is down with a leg injury. Can't afford to lose him now. He actually played very well tonight. Looks like Altman has found some stuff that works with Moore and Loyd at PG.
that looked like hyper extrend ( sp) on his left knee, it seem to be left foot or knee from what they are saying but the replay i saw has to be left knee, probably just hyper extend ( sp?)
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Make it a sweep at WAZZU and the Ducks will have had an extremely satisfying road trip.

Gotta admit, beating the Fuskies at HecEd is pretty nice, any time!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This team has bounced back nicely the last 2 games. 3-3 without Artis so far. Could have easily been much worse. I love seeing 5 guys scoring in double figures.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I hope Altman is willing to swallow his pride a bit and use the "PG"-less line up a bit more against Washington State. We looked absolutely dominant at both ends when we had Dotson/Singler/Emory/Kazemi in together.

Great win. Always satisfying to beat Washington. Hard to understand how they're so bad with the talent and athleticism they have there.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Most exciting part of the night was when neither Moore or Loyd were in. Definitely caught UW off guard (sorry for the pun).
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

OreDucks01284 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Crud. Loyd is down with a leg injury. Can't afford to lose him now. He actually played very well tonight. Looks like Altman has found some stuff that works with Moore and Loyd at PG.
that looked like hyper extrend ( sp) on his left knee, it seem to be left foot or knee from what they are saying but the replay i saw has to be left knee, probably just hyper extend ( sp?)
yeah, definite hyper extension look to that injury, depends on the severity, Saturday would be too quick of a turn around though if its anything more than mild I would think
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Second half Loyd was the guy who we thought we recruited, very nice to see him play in control, sadly, he still is way too hesitant to shoot, but, with that thumb injury he really cant shoot, so it makes sense, would like to see him knock down those jumpers if left alone
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I hope Altman is willing to swallow his pride a bit and use the "PG"-less line up a bit more against Washington State. We looked absolutely dominant at both ends when we had Dotson/Singler/Emory/Kazemi in together.
I don't know about the "swallow his pride" part of the statement, but I definitely agree that a PG-less lineup should be used more frequently if possible (hard to ask guys like Singler to play even more minutes than they already are though). Willie Moore has been a complete liability on both ends of the floor. As terrible as Loyd has been offensively (prior to tonight), at least he brings it on the defensive end. If Loyd's injury limits him at all, Moore may be forced in to action just from a numbers standpoint. However, he should be played as an absolute last resort, which is basically what he has been used as anyway.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

WOOOW BIG WIN TONIGHT!! It was the first time Oregon has swept Washington in the regular season since 1995, they had only won once in Seattle in the last 11 trips before tonight.
Coastal Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by Coastal Duck »

oregontrack wrote:. . . by n'gyiuiadadjz. might have misspelled that.
That's a "spit-milk-through-yer-nose" kind of funny.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

gogreen55 wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:I hope Altman is willing to swallow his pride a bit and use the "PG"-less line up a bit more against Washington State. We looked absolutely dominant at both ends when we had Dotson/Singler/Emory/Kazemi in together.
I don't know about the "swallow his pride" part of the statement, but I definitely agree that a PG-less lineup should be used more frequently if possible (hard to ask guys like Singler to play even more minutes than they already are though). Willie Moore has been a complete liability on both ends of the floor. As terrible as Loyd has been offensively (prior to tonight), at least he brings it on the defensive end. If Loyd's injury limits him at all, Moore may be forced in to action just from a numbers standpoint. However, he should be played as an absolute last resort, which is basically what he has been used as anyway.
Yeah, the pride bit was probably a projection on my part. I just get the feeling that Dana doesn't like admitting when he's wrong about things. Like the way we've tended to slow games down around the 4 minute mark and hold the ball until the final few seconds of every possession when we have the lead. Seems like he's made a lot of close games out of games we should have run away with by doing that.

But either way, our best lineup without Artis is clearly the one without a "true PG.

I disagree completely about Loyd's defense, btw. I've never seen someone so widely lauded as a good defensive player get beaten on the perimeter so easily and so often. His man constantly breaks him down, goes to the hoop, draws the second defender, and either gets fouled or dishes to a big man for the easy dunk. It draws our post player out of position and makes it way, way too easy for our opponents to score. It all starts with Loyd playing absolutely abysmal defense in the half court game.

His reputation as a good defender comes solely from having quick hands and stealing the ball in transition defense and stripping people going to the hoop as a second defender. Definitely valuable traits, but completely overshadowed by his absolutely woeful on-ball perimeter defending. If only his feet were as fast as his hands.