JUCO SF visiting Oregon (commits to Oregon)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: JUCO SF visiting Oregon

Post by northbeachsf »

Phenom wrote:Nice! Hopefully Gordon comes too.
Altman must know something, because we are out of room. Oregon had 5 available and Cook is the 5th commit.
OreDucks01284
Senior

JUCO SF visiting Oregon

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Yes! that is great new! gordon next? yes please!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

commit article! includes highlights:
http://ducksattack.com/?p=1534

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OreDucks01284
Senior

JUCO SF visiting Oregon

Post by OreDucks01284 »

northbeachsf wrote:
Altman must know something, because we are out of room. Oregon had 5 available and Cook is the 5th commit.
i would not be surprised if one of ducks players transfer.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

northbeachsf wrote:

Basset
Lapray
Bell
Felicio
Cook

Is that right? The robinson twins don't count do they?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

We will still have room for Gordon. Also the twins don't count towards bball.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I've read that Gordon might be a 1 and done player, which doesn't sound like the type of player Altman usually goes after. Plus, I'm not sure how serious he really is about Oregon. And not to be mean,but if we didn't have enough room for him, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuemper go to get Gordon a spot.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:We will still have room for Gordon. Also the twins don't count towards bball.
I don't see how. There's 4 SRs, plus 1 open scholarship, so that means only 5 players could be in this class on scholarship. There's no more room, unless they go the financial aid package route, but I do think they end up counting eventually.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Fwiw mops actually said a week ago he had commited but asked for no one to say anything. Say what you will about him but he does have a good source on basketball. He has said we still have room for 1 more if need be without anyone leaving.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:I've read that Gordon might be a 1 and done player, which doesn't sound like the type of player Altman usually goes after. Plus, I'm not sure how serious he really is about Oregon. And not to be mean,but if we didn't have enough room for him, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuemper go to get Gordon a spot.
Oshaolu, Joseph, Kazemi
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

That's true, and I forgot for a minute about Jabari Brown last year. Although that didn't end up well. :x
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Post by wvduck34 »

Have a feeling a scholarship player, maybe two, might be leaving this summer.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Fwiw mops actually said a week ago he had commited but asked for no one to say anything. Say what you will about him but he does have a good source on basketball. He has said we still have room for 1 more if need be without anyone leaving.
Was this before or after Cook committing? It seems that all 13 of next year's scholarships are accounted for so I'm not sure there is much else they can do to squeeze another in without someone transferring. About the only other things they could do are give a financial aid package or grayshirt one of the incoming FR.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

duckgrad99 wrote:I've read that Gordon might be a 1 and done player, which doesn't sound like the type of player Altman usually goes after. Plus, I'm not sure how serious he really is about Oregon. And not to be mean,but if we didn't have enough room for him, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuemper go to get Gordon a spot.
We've taken multiple one year rentals, so I don't think that is true at all. Also, I don't see Gordon going pro after one season. Obviously it can change during the season, but I think he will need time to develop his perimeter game before going pro.

There also is room for one more guy. I'm guessing there is a transfer that is imminent, but I don't know who it is. It wouldn't shock me if Kuemper transferred though. He may receive more PT at a lower level of basketball.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

greenyellow wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Fwiw mops actually said a week ago he had commited but asked for no one to say anything. Say what you will about him but he does have a good source on basketball. He has said we still have room for 1 more if need be without anyone leaving.
Was this before or after Cook committing? It seems that all 13 of next year's scholarships are accounted for so I'm not sure there is much else they can do to squeeze another in without someone transferring. About the only other things they could do are give a financial aid package or grayshirt one of the incoming FR.
He said that there was one more ride open after Cook's commitment.

Going to miss the Maehl Man