best oregon team you've ever seen? rank 'em!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: best oregon team you've ever seen? rank 'em!

Post by oregontrack »

the 2008 team absolutely deserved their tournament bid. our sos was top 10 for nearly the entire season, and ended up around #18 if i remember correctly. there's a reason we were rewarded with a top 8 seed, and didn't merely sneak in despite an 18-13 record. the pac-10 was THE best conference in the country in '08.

i'd still take the '07 team over '02. neither team would likely stop the other, but hairston and leunen would go to work on the interior. they just seem like an epic mismatch for robert johnson, who was solid and all, don't get me wrong, and christopherson, who was 7'2 but... yeah. i'm sure we all remember chris christopherson.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Re: best oregon team you've ever seen? rank 'em!

Post by TheMaehlMan »

oregontrack wrote:the 2008 team absolutely deserved their tournament bid. our sos was top 10 for nearly the entire season, and ended up around #18 if i remember correctly. there's a reason we were rewarded with a top 8 seed, and didn't merely sneak in despite an 18-13 record. the pac-10 was THE best conference in the country in '08.

i'd still take the '07 team over '02. neither team would likely stop the other, but hairston and leunen would go to work on the interior. they just seem like an epic mismatch for robert johnson, who was solid and all, don't get me wrong, and christopherson, who was 7'2 but... yeah. i'm sure we all remember chris christopherson.
Christopherson was a great defender in the paint, but I think he would have had difficulty defending Leunen on the perimeter. He was such a beast..

Going to miss the Maehl Man