Oregon State @ Oregon (W 85-75)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TheMaehlMan
Junior

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (W 85-75)

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I agree that Loyd playing better and having Artis back could be a huge development. Having 2 point guards that you can trust gives your team a big advantage. Plus, it helps Oregon control the pace of the game, and that often dictates whether Oregon wins games. Oregon has done a good job pre-Artis injury of winning grind out games, but I'd still like to see Oregon get the pace up to open up the offense.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It's really a shame about the injuries this season. If everyone was healthy and firing on all cylinders, Oregon has a really balance attack. I think they could do some damage in the tourney.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

this team could drive you mad with the 'what ifs'. if artis is healthy i just don't see us losing to cal (twice) or colorado...... if you consider we'd lose to stanford regardless, that's still 26-3 and 15-1 in the pac going into the final weekend. a staggering record for a school like oregon.

ah well. fun game last night. since we've been down double digits at the half against wazzu (twice) and utah (or close to it), i figured we'd have a big second half and win handily. we have a knack for second half adjustments, osu has a knack for falling apart after the break. not a good recipe for them.

so glad to have artis back, and i agree with the consensus re: loyd. no need to rehash just how brutal he was for the first month he took over, but if all that means a potential extra win when it counts in march...................... good trade off.
ImageImageImageImageImage
uostudent
Senior

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Sat 8pm pst)

Post by uostudent »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
uostudent wrote:Kazemi is one of the best players that Oregon has had in the past 10 years.
It's so true, the sad part though is he doesn't know that. If he got involved more, asked for the ball more. He'd score 50% of the time, and get fouled the other 25% of the time. Dude is a force down low, and could be a 15 and 12 guy even at a school like Oregon. Wish we could have him for another year.
Pretty much. He's unselfish to a fault. He's an extremely skilled player with high basketball IQ. Pretty much the ideal Dana Altman type of player. The only thing I would have done if I were Altman is put him in the post more often and force feed him the ball. Altman should have told Kazemi that he doesn't play unless he takes at least 8-10 shots per game. Kazemi isn't big for a PF but he's very quick.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
justducky0
Senior

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Sat 8pm pst)

Post by justducky0 »

uostudent wrote:Even though it was an offensive foul, that was awesome to watch.
Woods is so soft.[
/quote]
So soft that he made the play that changed the momentum in the game for good? .....
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

woods is incredibly soft, that is not debatable. doesn't mean he's not skilled.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Its not debatable? Damn, who made you all powerful basketball person? You probably support gun control too you freaking communist
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

justducky0 wrote:Its not debatable? Damn, who made you all powerful basketball person? You probably support gun control too you freaking communist
top ten dumbest post?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:Its not debatable? Damn, who made you all powerful basketball person? You probably support gun control too you freaking communist
Can someone get this douche out of here?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

please let it be a top ten dumbest post!! :)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Getting a little worked up over nothing. Reaching hines-level anger there. Maybe you should take a break for a little bit.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Relax Justducky. I know you have been strange since you starting posting, lol but still. :roll:
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

annnnnnd relax

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the people have spoken, so this communist is now opening things up for debate. tell the good people of the jury how tony woods isn't soft. go!
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

:lol:

You lost me there at the end, but I was with you for the first couple sentences.

I don't think Tony is as soft as he's made out to be. You'd think he was Ian Crosswhite just reading the posts here. He finishes at the hoop with authority and battles on defense *when he gets fired up.* He looks a bit indifferent at times to me, though.