Oregon @ Colorado (L)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon @ Colorado (L)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Thu, Mar 07 Colorado * - - Boulder, Colo. 6:00 p.m.
ESPN2

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Colorado (Thur 6pm pst)

Post by Greenblood »

I sure would have preferred that Colorado was the second of the "mountain" teams on this end of the regular season trip, to sort of "work up" to the better team by gaining some road confidence against Utah first, especially with Artis still working his way back to full-go. Oh well.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

At least we have a full week to prepare.

TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I know that winning at Colorado is incredibly difficult, but for some reason I think Oregon is due to beat Colorado.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

TheMaehlMan wrote:I know that winning at Colorado is incredibly difficult, but for some reason I think Oregon is due to beat Colorado.

I hope so. I'm tired of losing close games to them. If Oregon wins these final 2 regular season games, I think they deserve a high seed in the tournament. Maybe even as high as a #4.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

TIme for revenge! After last year's loss at Colorado I've somewhat hated them. I won't forget that horribly officiated game and that cheap foul that gave Colorado free throws to win the game. Then the stupid lady announcer that had the audacity to say that the refs favored Oregon, and even the coach had the audacity to complain about the refs after the game despite them giving Colorado the win! I really do hate that team. Plus, I hear the Colorado crowd sucks, but haven't dealt with them in person yet.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Do you all think Loyd will start again or will Artis return to his starting PG position?
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Yeah, that woman announcer was ridiculously bad. That game still irritates me, and if Oregon had won they may have made the NCAA tournament.

I expect Loyd to start again. Altman said to expect Loyd to play 30-plus minutes a game while Artis is still getting back in playing shape. They don't want to increase Artis' workload too quickly.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think Loyd starts, but Artis should play a few more minutes. Maybe 24 minutes for Loyd and 16 for Artis.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:TIme for revenge! After last year's loss at Colorado I've somewhat hated them. I won't forget that horribly officiated game and that cheap foul that gave Colorado free throws to win the game. Then the stupid lady announcer that had the audacity to say that the refs favored Oregon, and even the coach had the audacity to complain about the refs after the game despite them giving Colorado the win! I really do hate that team. Plus, I hear the Colorado crowd sucks, but haven't dealt with them in person yet.
And yet they still wine and cry about Arizona. What goes around comes around cu.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i had forgotten about that chick announcer. god, that was terrible.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

TheMaehlMan wrote:Yeah, that woman announcer was ridiculously bad. That game still irritates me, and if Oregon had won they may have made the NCAA tournament.

I expect Loyd to start again. Altman said to expect Loyd to play 30-plus minutes a game while Artis is still getting back in playing shape. They don't want to increase Artis' workload too quickly.
Yeah that was a brutal game. I still think Oregon should have squeaked in. We were a solid club last year. It's funny, I probably had a little more faith in last year's team than this year's team.

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

last year's team was legit, but a poor schedule just didn't let us get the rpi wins. i really don't think there's much difference between this year's team and last. two very different rosters and styles of play, but when joseph and sim were on we were a very tough out.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Cal stomped Colorado today and only has one game left vs Stanford. If they win then we have to sweep Colorado and Utah in order to win the conference outright because of Cal's two wins over us. Isn't that right? I was really pulling for Colorado to knock them off today and give us some breathing room.
John 3:36
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

SuperDuck wrote:Cal stomped Colorado today and only has one game left vs Stanford. If they win then we have to sweep Colorado and Utah in order to win the conference outright because of Cal's two wins over us. Isn't that right? I was really pulling for Colorado to knock them off today and give us some breathing room.

Correct. It's looking like Oregon will have to win both games to win the pac-12 and be the #1 seed going into the conference tournament. Even if we lose 1, Cal wins the tiebraker like you said.