Oregon @ Colorado (L)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ Colorado (Thur 6pm pst)

Post by greenyellow »

Seriously Austin? A crotch shot in plain view? I don't know what is with our centers and cheap shots.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Done! Now I'm gonna go watch a recording of my Spurs vs. Chicago from last night. Whenever I get really frustrated from the Ducks, my Spurs always seem to get rid of that frustration.

unless it's a playoff game from the last six or seven years, i'd imagine.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Done! Now I'm gonna go watch a recording of my Spurs vs. Chicago from last night. Whenever I get really frustrated from the Ducks, my Spurs always seem to get rid of that frustration.

unless it's a playoff game from the last six or seven years, i'd imagine.
I don't know how I didn't have a heart attack from game 5 of the WCF last year. 10 straight dominant wins, then they couldn't make a shot and their confidence was shot. I have confidence in the Spurs this year though, if they're healthy.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm not sure we beat Utah. Are we in any danger of missing the tournament if we lose to Utah and then lose the 1st game of the conference tournament?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm going to rag on someone new tonight: Singler. He has been really disappointing this year. He has had several chances to hit big shots or take over games and has failed almost every time.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:I'm not sure we beat Utah. Are we in any danger of missing the tournament if we lose to Utah and then lose the 1st game of the conference tournament?
Oregon is in regardless. It'd just mean a really crappy seed.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

duckgrad99 wrote:I'm not sure we beat Utah. Are we in any danger of missing the tournament if we lose to Utah and then lose the 1st game of the conference tournament?
According to Lunardi, yes. He has UCLA and AZ as locks and indicated that Oregon may need one more win to make it. Better beat Utah.
Last edited by northbeachsf on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I think I hate Dinwiddie more than I hate Motum. I didn't know that was possible.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

Ducks may be ranked in the top 25 ... but they certainly don't deserve it. That was pathetic.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I think I hate Dinwiddie more than I hate Motum. I didn't know that was possible.
I think it's his stupid mustache.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Oregon @ Colorado (Thur 6pm pst)

Post by duckduckgoose »

About the only good thing I took from this game is that Ben Carter showed a little fight in him and made some nice shots. Hadn't seen that from him in awhile.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

From what I've seen... Cal & Colorado look like the two best conference teams this year.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Boom wrote:From what I've seen... Cal & Colorado look like the two best conference teams this year.
I still think we would have at least split the series with both teams if Artis had played, maybe even won both vs Cal. Still, both of those teams aren't good matchups for us, especially Colorado. Their defense has been stifling against the Ducks this year. Their coaching staff has totally figured out what we like to do offensively and taken it away. You could see the frustration from everyone, including Altman.

They need to put this behind them quickly and take care of business at Utah. I think they will. They still have a great shot at the #1 seed. Honestly, I'm less concerned about that than I would be if we had to play Colorado in the semifinals. Three losses to either them or Cal would not bode well for us.

As far as NCAA Tourney seeding goes, getting a 6 seed or higher would be awesome, but I don't see that happening unless we at least reach the Pac-12 Tourney finals. Right now we're like 6-5 in our last 11 games. That stinks.

A 7-10 seed would suck, but I'd much rather have that than an 8-9 seed. An 11 seed would be better than either of those, in my opinion, because if I'm not mistaken, we'd be able to avoid the top two seeds in the first two rounds. That would be a first round matchup vs a 6 seed, which might be winnable if the Ducks could get back in synch. That would likely put them up against a 3 seed in round #2. Once again, you just never know.

If we don't beat Utah and win at least 2 games in the Pac-12 Tourney, there may not be an NCAA bid for Oregon at all. I hate to say that, but it's true. Our 6-5 record over the last 11 games, getting swept by both Colorado and Cal and the fact that the Ducks have the #326 (pretty sure) ranked non-conference schedule doesn't bode well for us at all. Washington won the regular season conference title last year with a 14-4 record and didn't get in.

Their margin for error is slim, very slim.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:With last night's UCLA and Cal losses, a Duck win tonight clinches the #1 seed in the conference tourney for the Ducks.
And more importantly the Pac-12 regular season title. :mrgreen:
But technically, I think the way the conference does it is that all teams that finish with the same record at the top are considered "co-champions" of the regular season; the tiebreakers are only for conference tourney seeding. So even if the Ducks win tonight, if they were to lose to Utah Saturday and UCLA won, the Ducks and Bruins would be co-champions of the regular season though the Ducks would still get the #1 seed in the conference tourney by virtue of being 1-0 vs. UCLA this season.
Well that's goofy. Did not realize the Pac-12 was still inept past refereeing.

Go Huskies then..
How about Go Ducks! Just need to win two last games and they're the outright champs!
Now go Huskies again, we need all the help we can get. If UCLA losses, and Oregon beats Utah, Ducks still win the Pac-12 outright. If we lose to Utah, and UCLA losses, 3 way tie.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

after last night game they don't deserve to make it, and if they play like that vs Utah and in the pac 12 tournament I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Big game today, need to beat the bottom teams. BLAZERS MADE YOUR SPURS look like the ducks tonight, what a game!!!