greenyellow

Re: Oregon @ Utah (Sat 11:30am pst)

Post by greenyellow »

Singler at least showed up today.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Sometimes I forget Artis is a Freshman who missed a lot of this season. It sure hurts when he reminds me of that fact.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UCLA won so Oregon has to win to get top seed or they fall to the 3rd seed. Oregon's defense is still giving up some easy baskets so I'm not sure they can pull this one out.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

This team does not belong in the Big Dance.

NIT or bust.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

put Artis or Dotson on DuBois (spelling?) already! Loyd is too short to guard his jumpshot!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

ucla winning is a good thing. you should never reward this kind of ass backwards awfulness.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Well, game over. Yes, this team finished the season losing at Colorado and Utah.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oh, and do you guys still think that Altman is the long term answer for this team? I said all along, he's overrated as a coach. He has benefited from the Pac-12 being so weak these last few years.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Well, game over. Yes, this team finished the season losing at Colorado and Utah.
Yep. They now need 2 wins at the conference tourney to guarantee themselves a NCAA berth.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Dotson has had some really lousy games of late. Maybe it's the injury he suffered.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Oh, and do you guys still think that Altman is the long term answer for this team? I said all along, he's overrated as a coach. He has benefited from the Pac-12 being so weak these last few years.
I think he is. There aren't too many other coaches that Oregon could reasonably get that'd be better.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckgrad99 wrote:Dotson has had some really lousy games of late. Maybe it's the injury he suffered.
Must be. Hard to see him end the season so poorly, he's been a huge part of the success the team had.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Oh, and do you guys still think that Altman is the long term answer for this team? I said all along, he's overrated as a coach. He has benefited from the Pac-12 being so weak these last few years.
I think he is. There aren't too many other coaches that Oregon could reasonably get that'd be better.
I don't ever see him being much of an upgrade over Ernie or winning a conference championship. He can motivate his team, but when Oregon isn't motivated, this is what we get. A team who gives up over 70 to Utah and gets destroyed by Colorado. This team lacks so much with fundamentals. The bigs play horrible defense, the rebounding is bad, the floor spacing and court awareness is a joke. This team does a horrible job of getting easy shots, but their talent and effort has made up for that a lot.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Altman s*** the bed today. Put us in an immediate hole by forcing the ball inside on every one of the first 5 possessions.

It's such blatant stubbornness on his part. We try it every game, and we end up having to come from behind every game.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

altman has a brilliant basketball mind. his system creates open shots. players have to hit good looks.

it's really not a difficult situation to grasp. we can't shoot a lick, and teams pack it inside defensively. when you can't score you continuously put extra pressure on the defense. it finally snapped this weekend.
ImageImageImageImageImage