Kazemi Article

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Kazemi Article

Post by duckduckgoose »

chapelhillduck wrote:If you can rebound well in college you can make it in the NBA
I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him making a roster in the NBA. He is a great rebounder and solid defender(except for an inordinate amount of flopping), but lacks any kind of offense. He can stuff the ball, but how many times did you see him get rejected or flat out miss a gimme in close? Like I said I hope I am wrong, because he was one of the main reasons this season was so great!
Duck07
All-American

Re: Kazemi Article

Post by Duck07 »

When you are a tweener like Arsalan, you are usually best playing the position you would be quickest at. For Arsalan, that would mean developing that mid-range jumper and being a small 4 who can occasionally guard slower 3s as part of a 2nd unit. If I'm a GM, he's worth a 2nd rounder because of his ability to rebound and play solid man defense. With the league trend of playing smaller, he should find a team unless it is one of the blackhole franchises that doesn't know wtf they're doing.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Kazemi Article

Post by duckduckgoose »

Duck07 wrote:When you are a tweener like Arsalan, you are usually best playing the position you would be quickest at. For Arsalan, that would mean developing that mid-range jumper and being a small 4 who can occasionally guard slower 3s as part of a 2nd unit. If I'm a GM, he's worth a 2nd rounder because of his ability to rebound and play solid man defense. With the league trend of playing smaller, he should find a team unless it is one of the blackhole franchises that doesn't know wtf they're doing.
As a tweener playing at the four i think he would struggle rebounding against bigger guys. He isn't a great leaper, but times his jump well and reads where the ball is going really well. I just think there are too many guys 4-5 inches taller who are just as quick and better jumpers.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Duck07 wrote:When you are a tweener like Arsalan, you are usually best playing the position you would be quickest at. For Arsalan, that would mean developing that mid-range jumper and being a small 4 who can occasionally guard slower 3s as part of a 2nd unit. If I'm a GM, he's worth a 2nd rounder because of his ability to rebound and play solid man defense. With the league trend of playing smaller, he should find a team unless it is one of the blackhole franchises that doesn't know wtf they're doing.
As a tweener playing at the four i think he would struggle rebounding against bigger guys. He isn't a great leaper, but times his jump well and reads where the ball is going really well. I just think there are too many guys 4-5 inches taller who are just as quick and better jumpers.
Arasalan is 6-7 so comparing him to 6-11 Centers isn't relevant. Further, plenty of those taller players are constantly out-rebounded by more aggressive, shorter players. Yes, as a small 4 he'd have a height difference against the taller 4s but he'd also have a speed factor against those players too. He is not blazing fast by any means, but he knows how to move his feet which is more than most of the taller players can say. I'm not saying he'll be a star and put up doubles-doubles like JJ every night but he can develop into a solid role player which is still pretty darn salty if you ask me.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Arasalan is 6-7 so comparing him to 6-11 Centers isn't relevant. Further, plenty of those taller players are constantly out-rebounded by more aggressive, shorter players. Yes, as a small 4 he'd have a height difference against the taller 4s but he'd also have a speed factor against those players too. He is not blazing fast by any means, but he knows how to move his feet which is more than most of the taller players can say. I'm not saying he'll be a star and put up doubles-doubles like JJ every night but he can develop into a solid role player which is still pretty darn salty if you ask me.
Kazemi is basketball smart, which allows him to effectively make up for his lack of foot speed by making early decisions that enable him to anticipate where he needs to be at any given time.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Kazemi Article

Post by duckduckgoose »

woundedknees wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
Kazemi is basketball smart, which allows him to effectively make up for his lack of foot speed by making early decisions that enable him to anticipate where he needs to be at any given time.
Like I said several times I hope I am wrong. I rarely watch the NBA anymore, so maybe I am over valuing the quality of the players in the league.