Willie Moore transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Rivals513

Oregon freshman guard Willie Moore is transferring. Will likely end up close to home, near Cincinnati.

Disappointing, but we pretty much had a good idea that either Moore or Richardson would be transferring. Oregon really needs to recruit another PG.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Willie Moore transferring

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Stinky... I guess you can't blame him though. When Artis went out, You figured he'd see more minutes for how bad Loyd was playing for that stretch.

Best of luck to him, would be nice to pull in another legit JC late in the game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Odds on Willie Moore taking his new team to the Final Four someday?
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Any word as to what school? I'm a Miami U alum, so I'd love to see him end up there.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Figured it'd be between him and Richardson but I guess he sees the opportunity for PT at slim to none with Loyd and Artis. This may have been where Altman was hoping to get a scholarship for Gordon.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

We will be fine next season with Artis and Loyd. I bet we recruit a point guard next year. Maybe the coaching staff knew about this, which would explain room to recruit someone else.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:We will be fine next season with Artis and Loyd. I bet we recruit a point guard next year. Maybe the coaching staff knew about this, which would explain room to recruit someone else.
I'd say a PG and a couple frontcourt players is what's needed for next year's class, depending on who else they get for recruits/transfers this year.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Stinky... I guess you can't blame him though. When Artis went out, You figured he'd see more minutes for how bad Loyd was playing for that stretch.

Best of luck to him, would be nice to pull in another legit JC late in the game.
I thought he looked out of place when he was on the court... my guess is that he will drop down a notch in competition. This is probably a relief for Altman.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Stinky... I guess you can't blame him though. When Artis went out, You figured he'd see more minutes for how bad Loyd was playing for that stretch.

I thought he looked out of place when he was on the court... my guess is that he will drop down a notch in competition. This is probably a relief for Altman.
Maybe you're right. But for whatever reason he saw fewer minutes when Artis was out (whether he really just wasn't that good, or he felt stolen of minutes), the transfer might be best for him.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Bummer but of the 2 I'd rather have Richardson. Hopefully we can pick up a good PG in next years class.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

As discussed in the past, Moore looked like an absolute train wreck nearly every time he took the court, displaying minimal basketball skills and an even lower basketball IQ. Judging by his body language on the bench, I also had questions about his attitude. There shouldn't be much problem putting this scholarship to better use in the future.