Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Drew Davis and Ed Dickson both had touchdown catches today!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Jairus with a INT
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10109 ... nee-injury
Jonathan Stewart has torn MCL, poor guy..

justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

So injury = Bust. Good to know.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I think it's ridiculous that players are labeled as "busts" because of injuries. J-Stew was a good starting NFL back when he was healthy. It's a shame he never fully show what he's capable of doing. I feel bad for him.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

J-Stew is set financially. He got a huge second contract.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Phenom wrote:J-Stew is set financially. He got a huge second contract.
And if you are paying that contract, he's a bust. But that's on Carolina, because as you say it was a second contract. He was injury prone at Oregon, and injured during his first contract.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Well now I know which posters don't know anything about how to analyze players. Biggus Duckus cough wlduck cough
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

justducky0 wrote:Well now I know which posters don't know anything about how to analyze players. Biggus Duckus cough wlduck cough
You cant imagine how hurt I am. I'll try to get over it.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:I think it's ridiculous that players are labeled as "busts" because of injuries. J-Stew was a good starting NFL back when he was healthy. It's a shame he never fully show what he's capable of doing. I feel bad for him.
The salient point is that he will never produce to the level people thought he would, and in the Panthers case at the level they paid him for. Doesn't matter why. In his case it's not a character flaw or lack of effort. But I guaranty you JStew would say his career has not gone how he hoped. Label it whatever you want. Bust, disappointment, injuries. Results are the same.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wlduck wrote:
justducky0 wrote:Well now I know which posters don't know anything about how to analyze players. Biggus Duckus cough wlduck cough
lol

The injured = bust argument is always an interesting one to be honest.

I think 4 season of at least 700 rushing yards each season with almost 5.0 yards per carry is pretty awesome. Not to mention he was splitting carries.

So I'd hardly call snoop a bust. And yes he injured his MCL, but I think he'll come back and contribute again. He's still only 26.

wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
wlduck wrote:
lol

I think 4 season of at least 700 rushing yards each season with almost 5.0 yards per carry is pretty awesome. Not to mention he was splitting carries.

So I'd hardly call snoop a bust. And yes he injured his MCL, but I think he'll come back and contribute again. He's still only 26.
Most teams in the NFL don't want to spend near what they are paying Snoop for a 700 yard running back, especially in today's league that has devalued the position. I do hope he comes back- he's a great kid and full of raw talent. I think there's a good chance some team gets some real value for a year or two on his next contract.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

It just depends on what your definition of a bust is. Wlduck is saying that in relation to the contract that was given to him by the Panthers, thusfar he has been a bust and he hasn't lived up to the expectations that Carolina had when they awarded him the contract.

From my perspective, I think it's unfair to label a guy a bust when a situation occurs in which the player has no control over. In this case, injuries have plagued Jstew's career to the point that he's only been able to get on the field for half his career. If snoop hadn't done anything with his opportunities and failed to produce then the bust label would be absolutely appropriate. But unfortunately (or fortunately), J-Stew has been extremely solid when given the opportunity (injury-free)...

I just see "bust" as a word to describe the failure on the part of the player to live up to reasonable expectations. For his part, Stew did everything he could to fulfill those expectations. Can't control injuries.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wlduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
wlduck wrote:
lol

Most teams in the NFL don't want to spend near what they are paying Snoop for a 700 yard running back, especially in today's league that has devalued the position. I do hope he comes back- he's a great kid and full of raw talent. I think there's a good chance some team gets some real value for a year or two on his next contract.
But that's Carolina's problem. Snoop was splitting carries AND they offered him a huge contract. That's bad management on Carolina's part.

He'd have more production if he got full carries, no doubt.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

TJ returned a fumble for a TD & Kellen had a nice game to upset the Saints!