Updated roster/Bell not qualified?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Updated roster/Bell not qualified?

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has updated their roster to include Castille and remove Feliciano. Looking at it shows how thin the Ducks are up front. It could get even thinner if the rumors of Bell not being cleared and the coaches actively looking for a prep school to place him in are true. I could easily see Oregon going to some 4 guard line-ups with their backcourt depth.

http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml ... D=4295&KEY
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Re: Updated roster/Bell not qualified?

Post by frogsnouts »

If Bell is out and Young doesn't get in this year...we might be in a ton of trouble this year and lucky to make the NIT.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon has updated their roster to include Castille and remove Feliciano. Looking at it shows how thin the Ducks are up front. It could get even thinner if the rumors of Bell not being cleared and the coaches actively looking for a prep school to place him in are true. I could easily see Oregon going to some 4 guard line-ups with their backcourt depth.

Yeah we need Bell's athleticism and shot blocking. Hope he qualifies.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon has updated their roster to include Castille and remove Feliciano. Looking at it shows how thin the Ducks are up front. It could get even thinner if the rumors of Bell not being cleared and the coaches actively looking for a prep school to place him in are true. I could easily see Oregon going to some 4 guard line-ups with their backcourt depth.

Yeah we need Bell's athleticism and shot blocking. Hope he qualifies.
I was checking the UO's student directory and was able to find all but Bell, Castille and Moser in there. I think Moser and Castille are sure bets to get in but with Bell not being there, I think there may be some legs to this rumor. Oregon's prospects this season could go down another peg without Bell providing some depth this year and contributing even more his SO year. It'd mean Altman only got 1 of his FR recruits and he'd have to seriously make up for it in the 2014 class, which he's already having to do.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

you guys are vastly overestimating the projected contributions of some of these guys this year. neither that braziliian kid or bell coming here or not really moves oregon in one direction or the other. impacts future seasons, sure. but if we're slapped with injuries to the point we're needing to rely on 3rd string true freshmen big men, we're already f*******. take a look around the pac-12 and tell me how many teams have six capable big men they'd be comfortable going with. everyone has 3-4. we have 4. oh noes!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Great.. If Bell doesn't qualify then this is another wasted recruiting class.
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:you guys are vastly overestimating the projected contributions of some of these guys this year. neither that braziliian kid or bell coming here or not really moves oregon in one direction or the other. impacts future seasons, sure. but if we're slapped with injuries to the point we're needing to rely on 3rd string true freshmen big men, we're already f*******. take a look around the pac-12 and tell me how many teams have six capable big men they'd be comfortable going with. everyone has 3-4. we have 4. oh noes!!
That's highly debatable.

Moser is a tweener and he's the only one that's starter worthy (If healthy). Ben Carter showed that he could be a decent backup. Waverly Austin is a very frustrating player to watch... and the 4th is a football player... or am I missing someone?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

The jc guy Amardi is the 4th
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

if you think moser is a tweener then i can see where you're coming from.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

I'm actually more concerned for the next few seasons... Bell & Feliciano at least gave you hope that they could have developed well under our coaching staff and help lead the team to a solid tourney run before Artis & Dotson graduate.

Now it looks like we have to reload with JC players again and hopefully get lucky with another stud transfer or two next season.
bfrees23
Three Star Recruit

Post by bfrees23 »

he's on there now
bfrees23
Three Star Recruit

Post by bfrees23 »

he's on there now
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bfrees23 wrote:he's on there now
Good.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Whew! That would have been a big blow. We need to start getting some sort of structure with our recruiting classes. I love bringing in transfers that help the team but I do not like the idea of having to depend on them.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

On where?