#2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Post by thomas time »

walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 8h
And the Black Mamba isn't even playing smh
walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 8h
GO DUCKS, looks like thats a decade. Good game tho, the Dub fought hard, just ran into the #2 team in the Land
walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 9h
GO DUCKS!!!!

LeGarrette Blount ‏@L_Blount27 6h Go ham then young Huff! I like yo game lil bruh! U a and Bralon true ballers!! @Huff_Era_1

Jonathan Stewart ‏@Jonathanstewar1 13h
It's game day! It's time to keep this streak goin! Walk the dog #oregon #leecorso #goducks #puppies

Kenjon Barner ‏@KBDeuce4 15h
GameDay baby lets go!!! Let's go train these puppies!! #GoDucks

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 8h
Mariota is a freak!! Not only produces, but with ridiculous poise. Best player in College Football!!!

Love the players all excited
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Mariota completed 77% of passes, 0 int. and 3 tds. That's 17 without an int. Where are those who last week thought Stanford should be ranked ahead of us in a hypothetical BCS? Of course detractors will now say Stanford and thus UW are overrated and we still haven't been tested. UCLA is good and OSU is getting better. We still have some tough games. I still fear Stanford the most. UCLA shouldn't be a problem at home. Same for OSU, especially if we're unbeaten at the time.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

duck58 wrote:Mariota completed 77% of passes, 0 int. and 3 tds. That's 17 without an int. Where are those who last week thought Stanford should be ranked ahead of us in a hypothetical BCS? Of course detractors will now say Stanford and thus UW are overrated and we still haven't been tested. UCLA is good and OSU is getting better. We still have some tough games. I still fear Stanford the most. UCLA shouldn't be a problem at home. Same for OSU, especially if we're unbeaten at the time.
UCLA definitely showed some dents in their armor against Cal last night and Hundley can be inconsistent. With our prolific D, I think we'll take care of business.

Ducks need to stay focused and just keep doing what they do. Faceless opponent and don't take anybody lightly. I think the Colorado game was a wake up call for the D and they won't let that happen again.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

duck58 wrote:Mariota completed 77% of passes, 0 int. and 3 tds. That's 17 without an int. Where are those who last week thought Stanford should be ranked ahead of us in a hypothetical BCS? Of course detractors will now say Stanford and thus UW are overrated and we still haven't been tested. UCLA is good and OSU is getting better. We still have some tough games. I still fear Stanford the most. UCLA shouldn't be a problem at home. Same for OSU, especially if we're unbeaten at the time.
Stanfords gonna be tough, but honestly, more and more, I'm starting to look at Corvallis. You can't discount what they got going over there. Mannion is tearing it up and they are quickly gaining confidence. That's a dangerous team.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Wowwwww... I finally get to get online after working last night and missing most of the 3rd and all the 4th quarter. I spend like 30 minutes reading posts about the game. Now I wanted to chime in with my thoughts of the game and maybe a couple thoughts about some reactions by some posters... not taking any shots at any posters mind ya. I know we have some deeply passionate fans on here and I consider myself to be deeply passionate about our Oregon ducks. Here are my thoughts.

Washington is a very good team who have had the misfortune of having to play Stanford who is a very physical team the week before they play a very fast team in Oregon. They hung right with Stanford and when they got punched in the mouth they hit right back. The scheduling did Washington no favors this year. I fully expected this game to be a tug of war so to speak and a fight right to the end. If anything I think Oregon showed they can take a good teams best shot which Washington gave them... and still for the most part dominate Washington in every facet. Washington has some play makers in Sankey... Price.. and Safarius-Jenkins... Sankey got his yards which I would expect. He will be playing on Sundays next year.

Mariota stepped up his game and played wonderfully. He only had 7 incompletions and some of those were dropped passes. When Washington loaded up the box to sell out and stop Oregon's run and challenged Mariota to beat them passing he delivered. Sure there were times our play calling could have been better... but when you look at the finished product and understand Oregon could have put more points on the board.. Oregon dominated this game completely on both sides of the ball. Good teams will make their plays.. so Washington making a couple of plays is not a surprise to me nor is it a knock on our defense. It is an understanding they are going to.

We have some really tough games coming up. We can not sleep lightly on Washington State. It should be over by the 3rd quarter sure but can not look past them. UCLA is a very good team and will give us a big challenge. Stanford... ugggggg it is payback time for us with Stanford... time to get even with them for beating us last year. Utah is probably the best 2 losses in conference team out there. They had 6 interceptions against UCLA and can not beat a team when do that. They lost in overtime against Oregon State. Arizona.. might be our easiest game remaining other than Washington State. Then Oregon State to close out the year... and if everything goes the way it should... then the Pac 12 championship game and a possible rematch with hmmmm UCLA or hmmmm Utah... or maybe ASU or USC. One game at a time duck fans but we have some tough ones coming down the pike.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:College Football Night finally addresses the fact that Oregon did this without De'Anthony Thomas, the most explosive player in the nation. If 100% healthy DAY plays today, Oregon wins by at least 28 points.
If Keanon Lowe doesn't drop that pass (well, perhaps it would have been DAT) its 28. DAT would be more like 35+ :lol:
Plus we could have scored on the last possession rather than taking the knee.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Really thinking back, this was really a great all around game. Marcus was on all game. Outside of the 3rd quarter, the defense was stout and physical. The db's were blanketing receivers all game. There were some early drops, but the wr's stepped up (especially Huff with his ankle) and made plays. But the biggest jump, in my mind, was the play of Marshall and Tyner. They both ran hard, with a purpose, decisive, and smart. I felt like it was the best game for both of them. It's pretty crazy to think we had some correctable mistakes (drops, penalties), and won comfortably at a good team's house, that's a rival, without De'Anthony or Lyerla.
GO DUCKS!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

QuackininBama wrote:
Stanfords gonna be tough, but honestly, more and more, I'm starting to look at Corvallis. You can't discount what they got going over there. Mannion is tearing it up and they are quickly gaining confidence. That's a dangerous team.
Dangerous with the pass...The balance of their offensive game, defensive game, and special team play is less than mediocre....We are gonna kick their asses again.....Bank on it....
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Questions, who's calling plays for the ducks? Frost or helfrich?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

OreDucks01284 wrote:Questions, who's calling plays for the ducks? Frost or helfrich?
Frost calls the plays, but Helfrich has input and is heavily involved in the game planning throughout the week.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... nd-jimmy-g

A veteran football coach I know who has been in the game for four decades marveled at what he saw from Mariota on Saturday, texting me, "Ever seen a QB who could run and throw like Mariota? I haven't."

Joey and LaMike appear to be right before the year about Marcus being the best duck ever when he's done.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

gogreen55 wrote:
OreDucks01284 wrote:Questions, who's calling plays for the ducks? Frost or helfrich?
Frost calls the plays, but Helfrich has input and is heavily involved in the game planning throughout the week.
thanks, i find it awesome to know that it was frost who calling plays during game and Helfrich who help with game planning during the week.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

Overall, solid win. I'm not sold on UW yet, I still think they got up to play Stanford and Oregon and am not sure they can consistently maintain their high level of play. For the Ducks SOS, you have to root for them to keep winning though.

I think our Safeties got exposed a little on Defense. Brian Jackson has good fundamentals, but he doesn't have the speed to shut down elite WR's or make plays in space. Avery Patterson also doesn't look as fast or explosive as he did prior to his ACL reconstruction. His size doesn't lend itself well either to helping out in run support. With a young linebacking corps, the safeties are critical to contain and mop up better running backs, and I'm not sure that our current crop is quite as good as the rest of our D.

I grade out the quality of our D by position corps like this:

D-line = B+
Corners = A
Linebackers = B
Safeties = C
Last edited by NCDucks09 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:Really thinking back, this was really a great all around game. Marcus was on all game. Outside of the 3rd quarter, the defense was stout and physical. The db's were blanketing receivers all game. There were some early drops, but the wr's stepped up (especially Huff with his ankle) and made plays. But the biggest jump, in my mind, was the play of Marshall and Tyner. They both ran hard, with a purpose, decisive, and smart. I felt like it was the best game for both of them. It's pretty crazy to think we had some correctable mistakes (drops, penalties), and won comfortably at a good team's house, that's a rival, without De'Anthony or Lyerla.
This. I was out of town for a church event and was only able to watch a chunk of the second quarter during lunch but after watch madmike's extended highlights that was my biggest take away. Marshall played twice as good against the best D we've faced by far. Maybe the best D we'll face all year. And Tyner looked just as good. We have 2 very good young RBs.

I saw someone on another site make a comment that DAT being out for a few games may be a blessing in disguise. He'll be fresher for the second half of the schedule and it gave Marshall and Tyner a ton of big game, big situation experience.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote: I saw someone on another site make a comment that DAT being out for a few games may be a blessing in disguise. He'll be fresher for the second half of the schedule and it gave Marshall and Tyner a ton of big game, big situation experience.
Great point. And both took care of the rock impeccably.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!