NBA / Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: NBA / Blazers Thread

Post by oregontrack »

indiana decides to actually get better at the deadline, shipping off danny granger for evan turner.

love indy's bench going into the stretch run.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

5-9 our last 14 if I counted right. Meh.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i understand that the blazers really don't have an abundance of tradable assets right now, but yikes. they're going to run this mule all the way to the end and pray whoever we meet up in the first round has their biggest star go out with a debilitating injury. that's certainly one way to play it...
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Turner for Granger seems like a steal for the Pacers. Although a change of scenery could help get his game back together.

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:i understand that the blazers really don't have an abundance of tradable assets right now, but yikes. they're going to run this mule all the way to the end and pray whoever we meet up in the first round has their biggest star go out with a debilitating injury. that's certainly one way to play it...
It's almost laughable to read your posts about the Blazers, it almost feels as if you are a troll, but I assume it's more of a tired of seeing them just not quite good enough. I'm on the other side with them, I think they are a year early but have the talent to surprise in the playoffs. They can beat anyone, and I think will give any team they play everything they can handle in any round of the playoffs. But I also am not emotionally invested cause I'm an Orlando fan, so those frustrations won't effect my assessment.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i'm absolutely trolling them. i think they deserve to be trolled. and honestly, it has nothing to do with that proposed asik deal that was just discussed. as i said i never thought it'd get off the ground, and i know people like robin lopez.

but perhaps i'm too close to the situation. you say portland's a year away, i think they're a year away from doing something really stupid and imploding the whole show.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:i'm absolutely trolling them. i think they deserve to be trolled. and honestly, it has nothing to do with that proposed asik deal that was just discussed. as i said i never thought it'd get off the ground, and i know people like robin lopez.

but perhaps i'm too close to the situation. you say portland's a year away, i think they're a year away from doing something really stupid and imploding the whole show.
I really hope they don't, but that is there mo.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

oregontrack wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Stats don't lie. Lopez is playing better offensively this year than Asik did last year . Way better FT shooter and fewer turnovers (Asik has terrible hands). Not to mention that most of Asik's buckets came off of feeds from J-Lin and Harden last year. I'm sure Lopez would score significantly more points if we had guys who could get him easy dunks off of penetration.

Defensively, Asik is a good post defender but so is Lopez. Asik's only real advantage is rebounding. He's very good on both sides.
Eh, I'm not going to argue with you. Your take is vastly different than most. Hard to really go anywhere with that.
Would love to know where I differ than most. If you are talking about the average NBA fan like you then "different" is a good thing since I've actually seen both players play before on a regular basis. If you are talking about "scouts", I'd like to see where we differ in our takes on the two players.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

dude, lopez's DRtg is 108 in what is almost universally considered the best season of his career. asik's DRtg this year -- in what is universally considered a waste, given his mopping/inconsistent minutes/playing behind howard -- is 103. last year, when he was the show down low in houston, it was 99. it's not even in the same ballpark. his WS is not going change much from last year's 4.1 -- asik's was 8.2. these are wide, wide separation marks. and that's really not even taking into account asik being #1 in the nba in rebounding last year. that's numero uno. lopez, right now, is 21st. which isn't bad, and i wouldn't knock him for it, but it is again -- continuing the theme -- not in asik's stratosphere. lopez's DRB% in -- again, his career year -- is 15.6%. asik was @ 28.6% last year.

i said asik was a little better than lopez offensively, but i'm willing to call that a wash. asik shoot's the higher % and crashes the boards on another level to create easier buckets, but portland runs more stuff for lopez than houston did for asik. i would rather have what asik would bring to pdx, but i'm not going to berate the point because if you simply meant robin is more gifted athletically/making something happen offensively i would not disagree. a matter of preference.

as a rocket fan, i'm surprised you were so against the proposed move simply because last year's rockets and this year's blazers are not wholly disimilar. both teams were weak on the defensive perimeter, the biggest difference being asik was able to clean up a lot more of houston's mess than lopez can do for portland. the occasional block -- while neat -- doesn't cut it. here's an excellent take written after last season on asik being one of the nba's best defensive centers. as a rocket fan, i would have assumed you had seen this?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/15/ ... on-rockets
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Nice to see Thomas have a good game, his siiick block and the ally oop were #1 on sportscenter top plays of the weekend.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

yeah that was a monster.

nice to see a shorthanded blazer team can still beat a shorthanded t-wolves team.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:Nice to see Thomas have a good game, his siiick block and the ally oop were #1 on sportscenter top plays of the weekend.

soo good

ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Anyone see that Felton was arrested on felonious gun charges? Had an unregistered gun or something. Perhaps he was concerned that someone would try to steal his cronuts.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ncduck wrote:Anyone see that Felton was arrested on felonious gun charges? Had an unregistered gun or something. Perhaps he was concerned that someone would try to steal his cronuts.
I did see a tweet on hoopshype where Felton admitted he was overweight for one season...in Portland :lol:
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:i understand that the blazers really don't have an abundance of tradable assets right now, but yikes. they're going to run this mule all the way to the end and pray whoever we meet up in the first round has their biggest star go out with a debilitating injury. that's certainly one way to play it...
There really wasn't much they could have done.. Except maybe flip Meyers Leonard into a Spencer Hawes rental. Hopefully they can sign someone decent with their MLE this off season. They should also have a tradable 1st round pick next season.