Utah Valley @ #18 Oregon (Tue 6pm Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Utah Valley @ #18 Oregon (Tue 6pm Pac-12 Networks)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tue, Nov 19 Utah Valley - Eugene, Ore. 6:00 p.m. Pac-12 Networks

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Utah Valley @ #18 Oregon (Tue 6pm Pac-12 Networks)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Looking good so far, Lapray got a little action.

Austin with a nice tip dunk!

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Loyd's looking as big headed as he was before Artis went out last year. There is literally no scenario in which Loyd should be leading the team in attempted FGs this season. He looked so much like Tajuan Porter in that first half that I actually felt a little sick to my stomach. He was starting to look so good before this game, keeping the ball moving, playing defense, and only shooting when he was left wide open with time to set his feet.

We look like we have a handful of future NBA players on this team. Moser and Young are just scary good.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

What happened? The Ducks were rolling, I go to Panda Express, turn the game back on an it's a 2 point game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Elgin Cook is a beast. So athletic. Loyd needs to stop looking for his shot, like Kyle's Brother said. He's so much better when he's facilitating an taking the occasional wide open shot or lane.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Austin is just terrible
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

So I heard some complaints about the student section partaking in obscene chants towards families of the visiting team. Anyone know what happened exactly?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

wow really people jumping on Johnny Loyd...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

justducky0 wrote:wow really people jumping on Johnny Loyd...
Happened all through last year, I never got it. I remember people calling him the worst player in the nation. Don't know why he's such a scapegoat for the team and why people hate him so much.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
justducky0 wrote:wow really people jumping on Johnny Loyd...
Happened all through last year, I never got it. I remember people calling him the worst player in the nation. Don't know why he's such a scapegoat for the team and why people hate him so much.
I don't get it either.
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Post by wvduck34 »

Not a great game all together. Team forgot how to play defense the most of the first half. There also wasn't much penetration or shots in the perimeter until later. This team has some shooters, they just have to get a game plan together. Joseph Young is the spark plug it seems. Guy was missing quite a few shots till he got hot in the second half. Austin is proving how ineffective down low and comes up with a foul trying to block or missing a rebound. We really need a center! Lloyd is doing an ok job at point guard but we need Artis back. Players who also looked good were Cook, Dotson, Moser, and Armandi looks like a bruiser once he finds his game.

Saw some of the Arizona highlights tonight. Amazing. They just look like they are going to dominate the Pac-12 this year.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

No one is jumping on Loyd, he simply wasn't playing well. He was ice cold and shooting it nearly every time he got the ball (finished 5/14). Which isn't his game.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Loyd should never, ever, ever, ever, ever be taking 14 shots in a game for us. Ever. Especially considering most of them were contested. He was looking really good in the first few games this season, but he just completely reverted tonight. Loyd needs to be a distributor that plays tough defense. Look at the offensive firepower we have on this team. We are absolutely stacked. He needs to relearn his place on the team. As far as I'm concerned Artis can't come back soon enough.

I'm really hoping we won't spend the entire season forcing the ball inside to Austin at the beginning of every game. That was a strategy that didn't work well with Tony, and Austin isn't even half the player Tony was. We could be looking at starting in some deep holes if we do that. I think we'd be better off just starting with Amardi and Moser in the post together and pushing the tempo right from the tip.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I agree Loyd shouldn't be taking that many shots. But honestly, Dotson struggled from outside, and some of our other players did also. Just an off night. And he was left open many times.

I think generally we won't see Loyd shoot that many outside shots. His best asset is his close range game, using his quickness to get up quick floaters or layups.

Honestly, all in all it was a pretty meh game. And yeah, Austin play has been awful. I'd like to see Cook get more minutes. He plays very hard, and crashes the boards pretty well.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Altman on our play last night: http://ducksattack.com/?p=1755